Glorystar trouble

Greedy

Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
East Coast
The pastor at my church asked me to come check what was wrong with his glorystar receiver.There is no signal and I have tested the receiver and cable and there are no problems.Is there anyway to test the lnb to make sure nothing has happened to it?
Where is the Glorystar website?

If you have a satellite meter with satellite ID, you could test the LNBF if the dish is aimed at a satellite. If the dish is aimed at the correct satellite, you could swap out the LNBF with another unit. If you have another dish at a different location that is aimed and working, you could take the LNBF and the receiver to that location and swap the receiver first to verify it is working and programmed correctly, then swap out the LNBF to test for function.

How did you test to confirm the receiver and coax cables were working? Any splitters in line?

What brand and model receiver? One or two LNBFs? What is the Signal Level reading? What is the Signal Quality reading?

The Glorystar website is www.glorystar.tv

Looking at it from here, it looks like someone changed the setting on the ..... Oh, hold it, I was looking at the East Coast of Rock Creek!
As Brian asked, how do you know???? Is this a "Glorystar Mode receiver" Do you see a signal / quality meter and if so what are you seeing? Where on what East Coast are you, as someone might be close enough to take a look, otherwise, with a few answers and a bunch more questions and answers, we can probably get it working. When did it last work, and as asked, which receiver does he have? LNBFs seldom go bad, even when abused. I have one that flew about 800 feet, bouncing a few times on the way. Fortunately, that one had its coax fastened in a way that cut the coax off against the wall mount, so the connectors were still intact - the LNBF still works even though there is a chunk missing of the plastic.

If it just quit working now - the dish probably got bumped or moved. Or one of the connectors went bad.

It's a glorystar receiver(geosat) and it works just fine as I put it on my system. I don't have a signal meter but I have lined up several satellites since the mid 90's with trial and error. I spent alot of time yesterday to see if somehow it was out of alignment but it didn't even make a flicker of signal. I don't know when it went out because he don't remember but it worked one day and the next time he went to watch it was out and it was right around the time of a bad lightning storm.It makes wonder if something didn't happen to the lnb.
What happened to the glorystar website?

Free Christian Satellite Television - No Monthly Fees from Glorystar Christian Satellite! website is working fine. Just checked with Android tablet and home PC. Is it not loading on your computer?

What model of GEOSATpro?

When connected to the suspect LNBF, what is the Signal Level reading?

What is the Signal Quality reading?

Swap the suspect LNBF with yours. Does the LNBF work on your dish?

Sounds likely that the EMF from the lightning took out the LNBF.

The website wasn't working for me but it is today,no idea why that happened.
I can't switch it with my lnb because I have a great big one from the first dishes Bell express vu put out in the mid 90's but I did order a new one to try. I know it sounds strange to lose a lnb but I do know of 2 dialup modems that were also toasted in the same lightning storm.

Without providing the specifics on the set-up or readings or answering our questions, not much input that we can give.... :eek:

Yep.... Likely an EMF took out the LNBF! :D