Gonna use my AM21 again... What zip codes can I use?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Okay, since October last year I had my OTA antenna hooked up to a TiVo Roamio. But Wednesday next week I will be getting a splitter and my antenna will be hooked up to my AM21 as well as my TiVo. This way I won't have to change inputs on my TV so much, and since I don't have a TiVo Mini, I can watch OTA on my second TV as well. Now, if some of you don't already know, I live in Rochester, MN. With my pretty powerful antenna I can pick channels up from three markets. They are the Rochester and Austin, MN/Mason City IA market, and the Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN market and the La Crosse and Eau Claire, WI market. So what zip codes will work for the subchannels in those markets, as well as in some cases, the primaries. What order would I put them in? Do I put Rochester as the primary location on my AM21 for every market so the others would just be added as secondary (such as Rochester as a primary, and Minneapolis and the other zip codes for the subchannels as the secondaries)? Or would I, for example, use each market as it's own primary? It's been quite a long time ago since I've used my AM21, so I'd like to know. Thanks.

Primary would be your market, secondary for a market that would fill in any missing channels in your market. You may be better off getting the extender for the Tivo, if you are getting all of those markets on the Tivo.

Run the initial setup with your home zip and a zip from the second market as secondary. When it's done, repeat the initial setup with your home zip as primary and a zip from the third as secondary. It won't erase the channels it finds from the first run, just add to it.

If there are missing zips, post back and we can trick it into finding them.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Run the initial setup with your home zip and a zip from the second market as secondary. When it's done, repeat the initial setup with your home zip as primary and a zip from the third as secondary. It won't erase the channels it finds from the first run, just add to it.

If there are missing zips, post back and we can trick it into finding them.

Sorry, didn't see your whole post. I'll get back to you on Wednesday.

There is a typo... If there are missing SUBCHANNELS we can help you fill them in.

just a note for Minneapolis if you can get KMSP FOX 9 and (formerly) WFTC MY 29 since they did the renumbering the AM21 is rendered useless for them

In a nutshell they combined PSIP numbering (like 2 & 5 did) but they jacked up the numbering. So here is the new numbering
9-1 FOX HD (RF29)
9-2 MY HD (RF29)
9-3 Movies! (RF29)
9-4 Bounce (RF9)
9-9 FOX HD (RF9)

yes FOX is on 2 different channels due to RF9 getting out further but RF29 works better in the cities.

The issue is previously (and the AM21 shows) 9-1 and 29-2 from RF9 and 29-1 & 9-2 from RF29.

edit: holy huss they partially fixed it. They do have the right RF station for 9-1,9-2,9-4,9-9. No guide info for 9-3

With the change of the configuration of the channel 9 numbers you can now get 9.3 MOVIES and 9.4 BOUNCE with an AM21 in the Twin Cities by using the Twin Cities zip. 9.3 MOVIES will have an incorrect guide, but 9.4 will have the BOUNCE guide. Also if you run Mobile AL (36601) as a secondary zip you will receive 5.3 METV with the correct guide and 23.2 GET and 23.3 ZUUS, although they will have an incorrect guide. It's also possible to get channels 16.1-16.3, 25.1-25.5 and 33.1-33.4 with an AM21 by running different secondary zips. Remember though, your antenna has to be strong enough to receive those channels in order for the AM21 to pick them up. For instance: I run Cincinnati OH as a secondary zip and get 33.1 and 33.2. Cincinnati's 33.2 is GETtv, so that put's the guide for GET in my DVR. I receive GET on 23.2, but it's nice to have a guide for the channel albeit on the wrong channel 33.2. I do this with other channels also.

Well, I know what the spreadsheet says. But I've been watching MOVIES on 9.3 KAWE since the change. Although the guide is wrong, you still get the channel. As for 9.4, it put both 9.4 KAWE and 9.4 KMSP in the guide. I just remove 9.4 KAWE on the list and I have 9.4 KMSP with the correct BOUNCE guide. For my MOVIES channel guide I run Tucson AZ (85701). Since Tucson runs MOVIES on 11.2 RF25 the AM21 picks it up in the Twin Cities if you antenna receives channel 25.2. You receive 25.2 KJNK The Church Channel with the guide for Tucson's 11.2 RF25 which gives you the guide for MOVIES in your DVR. In my previous post I mentioned how to get the guide for GET. Since my antenna picks up 33.2 3ABN Proclaim and Cincinnati carries GET on 64.2 RF33 WSTR the AM21 picks up the channel as 33.2 WSTR with the GET guide. But the programming is 3ABN PR.

I even scanned my antenna directly to the TV, but 9.4 and 9.9 are a couple examples of stations not coming in right now. Can I redo the zip code later (like at nighttime when they are likely to come in) and get them in my guide, or do I have to reboot first? And if I have to reboot, how do I do it? It's been a while. (Tell me how to reboot, even if I don't need to right now, for I'm sure I will need to eventually.)

I even scanned my antenna directly to the TV, but 9.4 and 9.9 are a couple examples of stations not coming in right now. Can I redo the zip code later (like at nighttime when they are likely to come in) and get them in my guide, or do I have to reboot first? And if I have to reboot, how do I do it? It's been a while. (Tell me how to reboot, even if I don't need to right now, for I'm sure I will need to eventually.)
Anyone?

If you already ran a zip code and your antenna wasn't currently receiving the channel. All you have to do is re-run the initial set up with the same zip and it will pick up any channels that you are currently receiving in that zip.

Well, I know what the spreadsheet says. But I've been watching MOVIES on 9.3 KAWE since the change.
it must load the database then again. Use to scan for locals on a HR34 so it wouldnt show KAWE guide info unless you were in that area

Well, I know what the spreadsheet says. But I've been watching MOVIES on 9.3 KAWE since the change. Although the guide is wrong, you still get the channel. As for 9.4, it put both 9.4 KAWE and 9.4 KMSP in the guide. I just remove 9.4 KAWE on the list and I have 9.4 KMSP with the correct BOUNCE guide. For my MOVIES channel guide I run Tucson AZ (85701). Since Tucson runs MOVIES on 11.2 RF25 the AM21 picks it up in the Twin Cities if you antenna receives channel 25.2. You receive 25.2 KJNK The Church Channel with the guide for Tucson's 11.2 RF25 which gives you the guide for MOVIES in your DVR. In my previous post I mentioned how to get the guide for GET. Since my antenna picks up 33.2 3ABN Proclaim and Cincinnati carries GET on 64.2 RF33 WSTR the AM21 picks up the channel as 33.2 WSTR with the GET guide. But the programming is 3ABN PR.
crap like that makes owning a Tivo soooooo much better. It has legit guide info. Noticed when I was in the cities this past weekend the Tivo that I have at my moms house (to record Antenna TV, This, Bounce and Ring of Honor Wrestling on the CW) added guide info for GetTV (although didnt see jack for good programs on it).
(The main Tivo is at my house in Duluth) :)

These are the channels I need yet...

Rochester, MN:
3.3 KIMT Weather
6.2 KAAL ThisTV
47.2 KXLT MeTV
58.1-58.7 K25NK-D 3ABN channels

Twin Cities, MN:
5.3 KSTC MeTV
5.6 KSTC ThisTV
16.1-16.5 K16HY-D EWTN channels
23.3 WUCW Zuus
41.5 KPXM QVC
41.6 KPXM HSN
62.1-62.2 WDMI Daystar stations

La Crosse/Eau Claire, WI:
13.3 WEAU AntennaTV
48.2 WEUX MeTV

P.S. There's also KRWF, but that's just a duplicate of KSTP/KSTC, I think. I also know I probably won't get all the channels on the above list. Anyways, when you help me with some zip codes, can you provide a 6.2 ThisTV and make sure it's not also a MyNetworkTV station? I remember in the fall of last year, someone here provided a couple that were also My channels, then provided one that had to be done first with the Rochester zips, but when I discovered I could get the Twin Cities and La Crosse with my antenna, it was overwrote. So also tell me what order to put in the zips.

These are the channels I need yet...

Rochester, MN:
3.3 KIMT Weather
6.2 KAAL ThisTV
47.2 KXLT MeTV
58.1-58.7 K25NK-D 3ABN channels

Twin Cities, MN:
5.3 KSTC MeTV
5.6 KSTC ThisTV
16.1-16.5 K16HY-D EWTN channels
23.3 WUCW Zuus
41.5 KPXM QVC
41.6 KPXM HSN
62.1-62.2 WDMI Daystar stations

La Crosse/Eau Claire, WI:
13.3 WEAU AntennaTV
48.2 WEUX MeTV

P.S. There's also KRWF, but that's just a duplicate of KSTP/KSTC, I think. I also know I probably won't get all the channels on the above list. Anyways, when you help me with some zip codes, can you provide a 6.2 ThisTV and make sure it's not also a MyNetworkTV station? I remember in the fall of last year, someone here provided a couple that were also My channels, then provided one that had to be done first with the Rochester zips, but when I discovered I could get the Twin Cities and La Crosse with my antenna, it was overwrote. So also tell me what order to put in the zips.
Can anyone answer my above questions?

I will help you as best I can, but I have no time right now. I will have a post trying to help you with this within 24 hrs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.