Gonna use my AM21 again... What zip codes can I use?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
These are the channels I need yet...

Rochester, MN:
3.3 KIMT Weather
6.2 KAAL ThisTV
47.2 KXLT MeTV
58.1-58.7 K25NK-D 3ABN channels

Twin Cities, MN:
5.3 KSTC MeTV
5.6 KSTC ThisTV
16.1-16.5 K16HY-D EWTN channels
23.3 WUCW Zuus
41.5 KPXM QVC
41.6 KPXM HSN
62.1-62.2 WDMI Daystar stations

La Crosse/Eau Claire, WI:
13.3 WEAU AntennaTV
48.2 WEUX MeTV

P.S. There's also KRWF, but that's just a duplicate of KSTP/KSTC, I think. I also know I probably won't get all the channels on the above list. Anyways, when you help me with some zip codes, can you provide a 6.2 ThisTV and make sure it's not also a MyNetworkTV station? I remember in the fall of last year, someone here provided a couple that were also My channels, then provided one that had to be done first with the Rochester zips, but when I discovered I could get the Twin Cities and La Crosse with my antenna, it was overwrote. So also tell me what order to put in the zips.
I would run 4 secondary zips to try and get some of these channels. By running this many zips I don't know how many the AM21 will retain and how many might be overrode by running the next zip. As a starting point I would run Albany NY (12301), Greenville SC (29601) Mobile AL (36601) and Dallas TX (75201) as secondary zips in that order. Channels 5.6 RF45 THIS and 41.5-41.6 RF40 KPXM in the Twin Cities are unattainable because their high sub-channel number doesn't match anything in D* database. Let me know if you have any success. Remember, in order for the secondary zip to work your antenna has to be receiving the channel your looking for. For instance: If your antenna is receiving 6.2 KAAL THIS from Austin Mn, when you run Albany NY the AM21 will pick it up as 6.2 WRGB THIS from Schenectady NY. This gives you the channel with the correct guide. And a reference about 43.1 KRWF. The D* database has it listed as an ABC affiliate from Alexandria Mn. But if your picking up the Twin Cities feed of 43.1 it will be HSN2. I know, because my antenna picks up 43.1 from the Twin Cities and it's HSN2 but my AM21 lists it as 43.1 KRWF from Alex. MN.

Last edited:
I would run 4 secondary zips to try and get some of these channels. By running this many zips I don't know how many the AM21 will retain and how many might be overrode by running the next zip. As a starting point I would run Albany NY (12301), Greenville SC (29601) Mobile AL (36601) and Dallas TX (75201) as secondary zips in that order. Channels 5.6 RF45 THIS and 41.5-41.6 RF40 KPXM in the Twin Cities are unattainable because their high sub-channel number doesn't match anything in D* database. Let me know if you have any success. Remember, in order for the secondary zip to work your antenna has to be receiving the channel your looking for. For instance: If your antenna is receiving 6.2 KAAL THIS from Austin Mn, when you run Albany NY the AM21 will pick it up as 6.2 WRGB THIS from Schenectady NY. This gives you the channel with the correct guide. And a reference about 43.1 KRWF. The D* database has it listed as an ABC affiliate from Alexandria Mn. But if your picking up the Twin Cities feed of 43.1 it will be HSN2. I know, because my antenna picks up 43.1 from the Twin Cities and it's HSN2 but my AM21 lists it as 43.1 KRWF from Alex. MN.
Are those first zips for the Rochester, MN channels by any chance? I want to know what to use as the primary zip.

Doesn't really matter what you use as primary. If you already have run Mpls/STP, Roch., and Eau Claire and have those zips stored in your AM21/DVR, you can run Albany NY as primary and Greenville SC as secondary on the first run and Mobile AL as primary and Dallas TX as secondary the second time. This seems to work for me and it saves time in how many times you have to re-run the initial set-up on the AM21. Or you can run one of your main zips as primary too. It just takes more time doing it that way. The channels you listed are spread out between the 4 zips. But by running all 4 zips it should give you almost all the channels you are looking for. Except 5.6 and 41.5-41.6 in MPLS.

Just to let you know, make sure to to tell me what market that I am providing this for, for I am using a directional antenna. I need to know where to point it.

crap like that makes owning a Tivo soooooo much better. It has legit guide info. Noticed when I was in the cities this past weekend the Tivo that I have at my moms house (to record Antenna TV, This, Bounce and Ring of Honor Wrestling on the CW) added guide info for GetTV (although didnt see jack for good programs on it).
(The main Tivo is at my house in Duluth) :)
I'm assuming it's the Roamio? I'm looking into getting one. Actually 2 one for US & Canadian home.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Let me know the rest of the zip codes and the direction I need to face as soon as you're able to.

Okay I added a Lansing, MI and got all my Rochester stations and coincidentally 5.3 from the Twin Cities. But these are the stations left yet that I need to know if I can get and need zips for..

Twin Cities, MN:
16.1-16.5 K16HY-D EWTN channels
23.3 WUCW Zuus
62.1-62.2 WDMI Daystar stations

La Crosse/Eau Claire, WI:
13.3 WEAU AntennaTV
48.2 WEUX MeTV

I looked back and see some of the other comments posted here. I will look at those later (getting late now). Plus I noticed La Crosse/Eau Claire, WI haven't been addressed yet. Anybody got any fill-ins for those?

Well, I know what the spreadsheet says. But I've been watching MOVIES on 9.3 KAWE since the change. Although the guide is wrong, you still get the channel. As for 9.4, it put both 9.4 KAWE and 9.4 KMSP in the guide. I just remove 9.4 KAWE on the list and I have 9.4 KMSP with the correct BOUNCE guide. For my MOVIES channel guide I run Tucson AZ (85701). Since Tucson runs MOVIES on 11.2 RF25 the AM21 picks it up in the Twin Cities if you antenna receives channel 25.2. You receive 25.2 KJNK The Church Channel with the guide for Tucson's 11.2 RF25 which gives you the guide for MOVIES in your DVR. In my previous post I mentioned how to get the guide for GET. Since my antenna picks up 33.2 3ABN Proclaim and Cincinnati carries GET on 64.2 RF33 WSTR the AM21 picks up the channel as 33.2 WSTR with the GET guide. But the programming is 3ABN PR.
I reran the Mpls zip code 55411 several times and I still get only the KAWE listings for 9.4! I tried a different one 55401, but I still get the same result. Do I need a different zip code yet or what am I doing wrong?

If your moving your antenna and pointing at different locations it's impossible to know how the AM21 will act. My antenna is constant with good reception of the Twin Cities and Mankato stations. I receive stations from the St. James MN translator stations about 50% of the time and I receive almost all the Rochester, Austin, Mason City stations about 25% of the time. I do use some of the St James translator stations and 6.2 KAAL from Austin Mn. in my AM21 set-up. But I have to be receiving them with my antenna when I run the set-up on the AM21 for the station to be picked up. Then, if I run another set-up and the channel isn't being received, I will lose it. So if your pointing at 3 different locations it's almost impossible to know what's going to happen.

If your moving your antenna and pointing at different locations it's impossible to know how the AM21 will act. My antenna is constant with good reception of the Twin Cities and Mankato stations. I receive stations from the St. James MN translator stations about 50% of the time and I receive almost all the Rochester, Austin, Mason City stations about 25% of the time. I do use some of the St James translator stations and 6.2 KAAL from Austin Mn. in my AM21 set-up. But I have to be receiving them with my antenna when I run the set-up on the AM21 for the station to be picked up. Then, if I run another set-up and the channel isn't being received, I will lose it. So if your pointing at 3 different locations it's almost impossible to know what's going to happen.
Do you know why 9.4 is only giving me KAWE 4 and not KMSP 4? What Twin Cities zip code can I use to get that?

I would think you have to do a double re-boot and totally clear the AM21 to be able to get 9.4 KMSP. Do the DBR then run MPLS/StP and Roch as secondary zip. Then I would run Eau Claire and Albany NY. After that I would run Greenville SC and Mobile AL. Lastly I would run Mpls/StP and Dallas. This is what I would try with the information I know. But where your antenna is pointing and how good your reception is on all the channels you are trying to receive is info that I don't know. So it's hard for me to know how to exactly help you.

I would think you have to do a double re-boot and totally clear the AM21 to be able to get 9.4 KMSP. Do the DBR then run MPLS/StP and Roch as secondary zip. Then I would run Eau Claire and Albany NY. After that I would run Greenville SC and Mobile AL. Lastly I would run Mpls/StP and Dallas. This is what I would try with the information I know. But where your antenna is pointing and how good your reception is on all the channels you are trying to receive is info that I don't know. So it's hard for me to know how to exactly help you.
It's been a while since I did a reboot. I thought I did one, but I guess I was mistaken. Can you tell me how to do it again?

Unplug the DVR and let it re-boot, and then unplug it again as soon as it's back from the first unplugging. Look at the 2 zip codes stored on the information screen. These are the 2 zips it will use after the 2nd re-boot. I would have MPLS/StP and Rochester as my 2 zips siored in the machine at the time of the re-boot.

I'm assuming it's the Roamio? I'm looking into getting one. Actually 2 one for US & Canadian home.
actually a series 3 with lifetime (and a 1TB drive) at moms house
a Tivo HD that I got for $5 and all it needed was the hard drive plugged in properly at the house. Had service included til August :)

I'm having trouble with the Twin Cities coming in right now. When they come in better, I'll program my AM21 and keep you posted. Thanks.

Right now, no distant programming is coming through on my OTA antenna, for now I'm just going to program it for Rochester. When they come in, I will try again.

Well, it seems the Twin Cities isn't coming in right now, so I can't really do anything with that, but La Crosse, WI seems to be working. Plus, I got the Rochester, MN ones down. But, coconut, can you help me with La Crosse, WI stations 13.3 WEAU Antenna TV and 48.2 WEUX MeTV if it's at all possible that they can come in?

Actually I redid La Crosse, WI and right now MOST of the channels from there are coming in, with the exceptions of 25, 28, and 48. But as I did that this time 13.3 came in! So all I need for La Crosse now (when the station comes in, that is) is 48.2 (preferably MeTV).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts