Gonna use my AM21 again... What zip codes can I use?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would think if you have already re-run the initial set-up over and over enough times to include all the zip codes I listed, you will have most of the channels you're looking for. As I stated; and in your last quote you state of picking up 13.3 by running it again. The AM21 will only pick channels up that are being received at the time it goes through its set-up process. Plus you may lose a channel you already have if it's not being received at the time of the set-up. So 13.3 was being received the last time you ran a set-up and 48.2 probably wasn't. I would make sure your receiving 48.2 on your antenna and just re-run the set-up process with the same 2 zips.

Okay, I am getting MOST of the Cities and La Crosse right now. I redid the initial setup. I am just missing 16.1-16.5; 41.1-41.4 and 48.1-48.2 aren't coming in right now, and I'm also missing 62.1-62.2. I also finally got KMSP 4, or 9.4 with correct guide info, but for 9.1 it gives me the KAWE guide. Should I redo it later when the signal's better, or another zip, or redo the initial setup completely to get 9.1 KMSP 1? Also, what should I do to get 16.1-16.5 and 62.1-62.2?

As far as 9.1 KMSP goes, it is now listed as 9.9 KMSP in the database and that is the only channel to have the right guide. So there is nothing you can do about that except use 9.9. 9.1 will carry KMSP programs with the wrong guide. You can run Watertown NY (13601) to get 16.1-16.3. You only need 16.1-16.3 because 16.4 and 16.5 are just duplicate broadcasts of 16..1-16.3. I use Watertown NY because it is small DMA and will create less conflicts of channels. The zips I originally gave you should give you almost all the channels you're looking for. 41.1-41.4 should be received with the Twin Cities zip. Just keep running the setup over, once you use a zip by running a setup you will get all channels being received in that zip if your antenna is receiving the channel at the time the setup is run.

BTW, I'll be sure to write everything down so I won't need to bug you again, but I still need to know if 62.1-62.2 are attainable.

62.1 and 62.2 from the Twin Cities should be attainable. I would try the zip for Austin TX, first. If that one doesn't work, I would try Tampa FL. There are more, but one of those should work.

62 (rf31) and 16 are both low powered stations that barely get outside the TC so picking them up in Rochester is usually a pipe dream

Is it asking DirecTV too much to keep the AM21 updated so we don't have to go through this crap to get locals to show up correctly?.

At less allow the psip info on channels not in the system. You'd think that'd be obvious...

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Is it asking DirecTV too much to keep the AM21 updated so we don't have to go through this crap to get locals to show up correctly?.
they got "better" things to do. like do software that screws up functioning things while trying to fix others

they got "better" things to do. like do software that screws up functioning things while trying to fix others

They need to fix it period. Paid for the AM21, it needs to work, it's not better things to do. Yeah I got better things to do also, not trying to figure to use different zip codes for the correct channel listings, on pain pills or not!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)