Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
You guys may remember last year I purchased a iPhone 6S Plus... and I returned it and went back to my iPhone 6 Plus just because I felt the iPhone 6S Plus wasn't worth the money.

About the only real upgrade the phone had was the ability to shoot 4K, but with Apple offering no real easy way to to display the 4K you shot not to mention the small memory sizes of the iPhone the 4K feature was a waste.

Then the 3D Touch was a joke, sure it IS a cool feature, however as Jailbreaks have shown its just a long touch. Something that is done in software and that you don't need a new phone for. (Note the taptic feedback on the 6S IS better for the 3D Touch)

Sure the new iPhone is going to be announced on September 7th, however from all the leaks there does not appears to be much new with it.

Sure it will be more water resistant...
But it loses the headphone jack.
Sure it adds a better camera, but was the other camera that bad?
Sure it will be faster

But for most people who hold the new iPhone 7 are going to say it feels like the iPhone 6. And they will say that because just like the iPhone 6S it really is almost the same as the iPhone 6.

You know me I like having the newest stuff and I cant see myself keeping the same phone for 3 years.

Well I have been playing with Android a lot lately and I have been liking it. It has matured a lot over the years... so I decided to go looking at Android Phones. I almost got a Samsung Galaxy S7... and then I found the Galaxy Note 7 and fell in love.

So I preordered a Galaxy Note 7 from AT&T. They game me a Samsung Galaxy Tab E tablet for free (well I need to pay $10 a month for the data on it) as well as a 256 Gig MicroSD card. It will be here next week.

While I have a Nvidia Shield Tablet which is considered the best Android Tablet made I am REALLY enjoying this Samsung Galaxy Tab E - having Data service everywhere you go is so nice. I may sell the NVIDIA Shield , I see they are selling for over $400 now on Amazon.

I think the thing I will miss most about moving away from the iPhone is my Apple Watch, sure Android has its own watched but none of the Android watches have the ability to us it as a phone. I don't think I will get an Android watch at least not now... but I do have a new Color Pebble Watch (which you can make calls on) which I will use until there is an Android Wear watch that fits my needs.

I have a friend who works at Apple and I told him this news and he really agreed with what I was saying and then told me I was correct on my feeling on the iPhone 7, however most of the work they are doing is on the iPhone 8 and he told me I would probably want that one... hes probably going to be right.

Now if only Apple would release their updated Macbook Pros! My Macbook Pro Retina is now over 4 years old and is starting to have issues (The video glitches from time to time). Before getting Macbook Pro's I was buying a new laptop twice a year! But these Macbook Pros have been AMAZING laptops and I wouldn't hesitate buying one when they come out (which will be in October according to my friend from Apple.)

So excuse me for a bit... I am going to take a walk on the dark side... I can't wait for that new Note 7 to get here! :D

You guys may remember last year I purchased a iPhone 6S Plus... and I returned it and went back to my iPhone 6 Plus just because I felt the iPhone 6S Plus wasn't worth the money.

About the only real upgrade the phone had was the ability to shoot 4K, but with Apple offering no real easy way to to display the 4K you shot not to mention the small memory sizes of the iPhone the 4K feature was a waste.

Then the 3D Touch was a joke, sure it IS a cool feature, however as Jailbreaks have shown its just a long touch. Something that is done in software and that you don't need a new phone for. (Note the taptic feedback on the 6S IS better for the 3D Touch)

Sure the new iPhone is going to be announced on September 7th, however from all the leaks there does not appears to be much new with it.

Sure it will be more water resistant...
But it loses the headphone jack.
Sure it adds a better camera, but was the other camera that bad?
Sure it will be faster

But for most people who hold the new iPhone 7 are going to say it feels like the iPhone 6. And they will say that because just like the iPhone 6S it really is almost the same as the iPhone 6.

You know me I like having the newest stuff and I cant see myself keeping the same phone for 3 years.

Well I have been playing with Android a lot lately and I have been liking it. It has matured a lot over the years... so I decided to go looking at Android Phones. I almost got a Samsung Galaxy S7... and then I found the Galaxy Note 7 and fell in love.

So I preordered a Galaxy Note 7 from AT&T. They game me a Samsung Galaxy Tab E tablet for free (well I need to pay $10 a month for the data on it) as well as a 256 Gig MicroSD card. It will be here next week.

While I have a Nvidia Shield Tablet which is considered the best Android Tablet made I am REALLY enjoying this Samsung Galaxy Tab E - having Data service everywhere you go is so nice. I may sell the NVIDIA Shield , I see they are selling for over $400 now on Amazon.

I think the thing I will miss most about moving away from the iPhone is my Apple Watch, sure Android has its own watched but none of the Android watches have the ability to us it as a phone. I don't think I will get an Android watch at least not now... but I do have a new Color Pebble Watch (which you can make calls on) which I will use until there is an Android Wear watch that fits my needs.

I have a friend who works at Apple and I told him this news and he really agreed with what I was saying and then told me I was correct on my feeling on the iPhone 7, however most of the work they are doing is on the iPhone 8 and he told me I would probably want that one... hes probably going to be right.

Now if only Apple would release their updated Macbook Pros! My Macbook Pro Retina is now over 4 years old and is starting to have issues (The video glitches from time to time). Before getting Macbook Pro's I was buying a new laptop twice a year! But these Macbook Pros have been AMAZING laptops and I wouldn't hesitate buying one when they come out (which will be in October according to my friend from Apple.)

So excuse me for a bit... I am going to take a walk on the dark side... I can't wait for that new Note 7 to get here! :D
I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and love it. I believe that Samsung makes a watch that can be used as a phone independently of the phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I've got a mix of things here. My main phone is a Nexus 5X on Project Fi and fits pretty well. Project Fi works well for me as I seldom use actual cell data and the Nexus 5X is more than good enough. And my Nexus 9 tablet has a Project Fi data sim and shares the data on my plan. Average bill is $25/month.

My secondary phone is an iPhone 6+ and is on a free RingPlus plan. 1000/1000/1Gb for free can't be beat! Of course there are downsides, none of which are an issue for me.

While I have no serious issues with Android, I still like the Apple ecosystem better overall. I have a 12" MacBook and an iPad Pro 12.9". One advantage of the mix is that most Google stuff works fine on iOS and OSX.

I also have a Pixel Chromebook that is on the developer channel so I can play around with Android on ChromeOS. THAT is a very big deal! Really makes the Chromebook a contender in the home/consumer markets IMO.

Scott, everything I read about the Note 7 has been very good. A few people have them already and have posted experiences with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and love it. I believe that Samsung makes a watch that can be used as a phone independently of the phone.
They offered me one of the watches for free as well, but its an additional $10 a month, has its own number and was VERY thick.

I love our Galaxy phones.
Never will I switch.

Probably won't switch from ATT either.
I think there service is great, I never get a foreigner when I call.
Enjoy your New equipment.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I love my Notes. A 2 and a 4 but had to switch back to an iPhone, when I moved, for the wifi calling as the Notes won't play nice with my microcell. If att would enable wifi calling on the Notes I would switch back. As it is now my Note 4 sits next to the iPhone as a mini tablet.

They offered me one of the watches for free as well, but its an additional $10 a month, has its own number and was VERY thick.

Funny, my favorite part of the iphone is the Apple watch. After all this time I still have trouble understanding the idiosyncrasies of the Apple system. Why do I get all my wife's phone calls in my recent call list? I don't get her text messages. Weird. I don't get her voice mail. At least the Apple watch saves me because her calls never come through the watch, only mine. But I see everyone in the recent calls list. icloud is another weird feature. I do backups to it and photos, but I don't see any files when I try to open icloud in Finder on the imac. After a couple years, I still have troubkle with calendar. Google is so much better but I think that is mainly due to me not understanding all the ways Apple thinking works. But the watch, keeps me and my wife dedicated now to the iphone.

I have been wearing both my Apple Watch and my Pebble Steel (one on each arm, for most of the week. I mostly use my watches for reading notifications... and Pebble actually does a better job than the apple watch. (There are some notifications on my iPhone which are never sent to the Apple Watch)

The battery time is better on the Pebble too... 10 days. :)

I am not pushing Apple Aside (I will keep my iPhone 6+ and still use it... just wont have phone service on it) and I will hope that they do something amazing for the iPhone 8.

My Samsung Galaxy Note was supposed to be here today, but UPS Tracking shows it will not be here until Monday despite being shipped on the 15th and the UPS shipping info has not been updated since then!) :(

According to my friend she said that the new note 7, Samsung took away enhanced messaging so when you read someone's text, they won't get notified when you read it. I just don't get Apple sometimes . I wish they would have overhauled the iPhone 7 instead of next year for the iPhone 8. The plus def needs to be changed. It needs a redesign where it's easier to hold in the hands. I've tried android but I'm unsure if I wanna try out android again . I know the last android os , the battery was terrible and this current OS they apparently fixed the battery drain issue.

So this year its iphone 7, next year 7s, so two years for the 8? The technology is probably now in development with what they want to put in that thing and they probably want to stand out when it gets released. We need bendable displays.

I love my Notes. A 2 and a 4 but had to switch back to an iPhone, when I moved, for the wifi calling as the Notes won't play nice with my microcell. If att would enable wifi calling on the Notes I would switch back. As it is now my Note 4 sits next to the iPhone as a mini tablet.

Why do you need wifi calling with a microcell? The whole idea of the microcell is giving you full bars which it does. I use the Note 4 and S4 with it flawlessly. In fact it is my Sister in Laws Iphone that has problems using the microcell.
Beyond that there are many ways to have Wifi calling, I use the MagicJack app but there are other ways to do it.

I feel the Note series are the best phones made. My Note 4 to this day holds up to just about any new phone being made. In fact so good that I decided not to move up to the Note 7 as tempting as it is. It is a little larger than many phones but it doesn't seem so after having it and the screen clarity is superb. There are times the stylus is very handy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts