Gotham

I'm surprised this isn't on CW (ala the show it's copying, Smallville). I don't really see a show like that surviving on a major network, where CW type numbers will get it canceled quickly.

Interesting I guess. I just hope it isn't forced into stuff that should be for actual Batman.

Fox's Batman Prequel 'Gotham' Casts Penguin, Alfred

Robin Lord Taylor, Zabryna Guevara, Sean Pertwee and Erin Richards have been tapped to join the network's Gotham, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Gotham is described as an origin tale centering on DC Comics fixture Commissioner James Gordon (Southland alum McKenzie) and the villains that made Gotham famous.

hollywoodreporter.com

I am struggling with how much of a story there is to tell. Bruce Wayne is rich, like Ritchie Rich; he falls into a well, is scared to death of bats, his mom and dad are killed. He is raised by Alfred, as a spoiled rich kid, who acts out. Done.

I am struggling with how much of a story there is to tell. Bruce Wayne is rich, like Ritchie Rich; he falls into a well, is scared to death of bats, his mom and dad are killed. He is raised by Alfred, as a spoiled rich kid, who acts out. Done.
I'm sure they'll find ways to stretch it out for an eternity, long beyond it's expiration date, like they did with Smallville.

I assume it will be like Smallville was. He slowly starts fighting crime and assembling gear and devices. Not fully Batman until the end of the series. That is essentially what has happened on Arrow too, in the first season he was the vigilante, now he wears a mask and has shifted gears more from revenge to fighting crime.

The first 'Gotham' trailer shows us Detective Gordon in a world without Batman
Earlier today Fox officially gave its Batman prequel series Gotham a series order, and tonight the network has debuted the first trailer for the new drama. Following a young Commissioner Gordon — back when he was still Detective James Gordon — the show stars Ben McKenzie (Southland) in the lead role, with Jada Pinkett Smith playing a gangster named Fish Mooney. While the program takes place before Bruce Wayne makes his transformation into The Dark Knight, a younger version of the character will appear, along with iconic Batman villains like The Penguin, played by Robin Lord Taylor, and Catwoman (Camren Bicondova). In the trailer, Gordon consoles a young Bruce after the murder of his parents. "However dark and scary the world may be right now, there will be light," Gordon says. Gotham is scheduled to debut on Fox later this year. Official Extended Trailer | GOTHAM | FOX BROADCASTING....GOTHAM is an origin story of the great DC Comics Super-Villains and vigilantes, revealing an entirely new chapter that has never been told. This Fall on FOX!

Last edited by a moderator: