Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
[SERIES][SERIESWRAP1][EPISODENAME]Gotham[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2014-09-22[/RELEASE]

Creator: [SERIESAUTH]Bruno Heller[/SERIESAUTH]

Cast: [ACTOR]Benjamin McKenzie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Donal Logue[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sean Pertwee[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robin Lord Taylor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Zabryna Guevara[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Erin Richards[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jada Pinkett Smith[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Mazouz[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Camren Bicondova[/ACTOR]

Overview: [PLOT]Before there was Batman, there was GOTHAM.

Everyone knows the name Commissioner Gordon. He is one of the crime world's greatest foes, a man whose reputation is synonymous with law and order. But what is known of Gordon's story and his rise from rookie detective to Police Commissioner? What did it take to navigate the multiple layers of corruption that secretly ruled Gotham City, the spawning ground of the world's most iconic villains? And what circumstances created them – the larger-than-life personas who would become Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face and The Joker? [/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP1][TVPOSTER1]
cs3KJ3Wi8nVf57OHg9pCSEL4kI8.jpg
[/TVPOSTER1][/SERIES]

[EPISODE][SHOWTITLE]Gotham[/SHOWTITLE]
[EPISODEPOSTER]
yQKuW0jqdVy5ENGlvcKsB82IWwY.jpg
[/EPISODEPOSTER][EPISODEDATA][EPISODENAME]Pilot[/EPISODENAME]
Season: [SEASON]1[/SEASON]
Episode: [EPISODENUM]1[/EPISODENUM]
Air Date: [EPISODEDATE]2014-09-22[/EPISODEDATE]

GUEST STARS: [ACTOR]Richard Kind[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Drew Powell[/ACTOR][/EPISODEDATA][EPISODEVIEW][EPISODEDES]Detective James Gordon performs his work in the dangerously corrupt city of Gotham, which consistently teeters between good and evil.[/EPISODEDES][/EPISODEVIEW][/EPISODE]

I give it a B+. I will watch a few more but I always hate to get invested in Fox shows. They have a short lifespan unless animated.

There was a ton packed into the first episode. The commercial breaks were very short (some even being only 1 long ~1 min 30 sec commercial). I think it has promise but could also go down hill quickly.

[EPISODEPOSTER]
aNr0SSWvVYOsZWfkgB8XGKjzlJv.jpg
[/EPISODEPOSTER][EPISODEDATA][EPISODENAME]Selina Kyle[/EPISODENAME]
Episode: [EPISODENUM]2[/EPISODENUM]
Air Date: [EPISODEDATE]2014-09-29[/EPISODEDATE]

GUEST STARS: [ACTOR]Richard Kind[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Drew Powell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carol Kane[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Frank Whaley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lili Taylor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kyle Massey[/ACTOR][/EPISODEDATA][EPISODEVIEW][EPISODEDES]Detectives Gordon and Bullock investigate a child trafficking ring preying on Gotham's street kids, including Selina Kyle. Meanwhile, Penguin resurfaces in the countryside and begins to make his way back to Gotham.[/EPISODEDES][/EPISODEVIEW][/EPISODE]

I watched the first episode last night and I really enjoyed it. I wanted to watch the next episode right away. I think this show has a lot of promise. The world of Gotham has so many characters and story lines.

Are these new story lines for some of the characters like Penguin and Ivy or are these the original origins of these characters. I never did read the comics.

I was surprised. Wife and I sat down to watch some TV last night and asked her what she wanted to watch with the My Recordings screen open. She said, Oh Gotham! She is not a comic book person at all, but obviously enjoyed the first episode enough to pass on other more likely candidates (Revenge, Reserection, etc.)

I guess I am leery about how far you can go with the while Batman story without Batman.

I watched the second episode last night and I loved it again. I'm really excited for this series. I don't see why it can't get at least 4-5 good seasons out of it with all the Batman characters it can cover.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
[EPISODEPOSTER]
dXMWKaQlIcFibGMUGIzPj7Io7hn.jpg
[/EPISODEPOSTER][EPISODEDATA][EPISODENAME]The Balloonman[/EPISODENAME]
Episode: [EPISODENUM]3[/EPISODENUM]
Air Date: [EPISODEDATE]2014-10-06[/EPISODEDATE]

GUEST STARS: [ACTOR]Clark Middleton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jack Koenig[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Zayas[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Colby[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dan Bakkedahl[/ACTOR][/EPISODEDATA][EPISODEVIEW][EPISODEDES]Detectives Gordon and Bullock track down a vigilante who is killing corrupt Gotham citizens by attaching them to weather balloons. Meanwhile, Oswald Cobblepot returns to Gotham and gets a new job close to an influential figure in the underworld.[/EPISODEDES][/EPISODEVIEW][/EPISODE]

Did anybody catch the Easter Eggs in this episode?

Balloon Man was dressed in that scene like "The Shadow" (who's real identity is Lamont Cranston), and the cop who got the balloon ride was named "Cranston"!

I'm waiting to find out who gets cast as Harley Quinn.

Reactions: osu1991
I am loving this show. I had to purchase the episode from iTunes, because my Dish went out (blew out the LNMBs), but it was so worth it. And the HD quality watching it on the iPad, surpassed Dish!
I did not catch the easter egg, but I thought the way he was dressed looked familiar. Gotta say, one heck of a way to kill someone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts