Gregg Loewen - THX / LION AV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The SatelliteGuys Radio Show with our special guest Gregg Loewen of THX / Lion AV.

On this edition Gregg took calls from listeners seeking advice on calibrating their HDTV's plus Gregg told us his experience getting the new DISH Network HD channels.

Thanks to everyone who called in. :)

Attachments

• show.mp3
    13.7 MB · Views: 1,104
Scott. You need to get this sucker on iTunes. I would love to listen on my iPhone.

Damn. Didn't even know. Thanks!!

So to answer our question, a bulb replacement will "throw" the calibration off a bit. So I have an email into Gregg. Need to know how to check the # of hours on the bulb for my set. I guessed at 1000hrs. Based on the hrs on the bulb, I'll have to decide to do it now or wait for the bulb change. Sounded like at say 1000hrs should be okay to proceed, since the bulb should have plenty of life left.

So to answer our question, a bulb replacement will "throw" the calibration off a bit. So I have an email into Gregg. Need to know how to check the # of hours on the bulb for my set. I guessed at 1000hrs. Based on the hrs on the bulb, I'll have to decide to do it now or wait for the bulb change. Sounded like at say 1000hrs should be okay to proceed, since the bulb should have plenty of life left.

Yep. I am glad you got to call in and ask. I had planned to if I could have listened live. Great show btw. Very informative.

This was a great show! If this was your second "radio show" then it was very well done!

I was listening on satellite and enjoyed Scott playing DJ after the show ended, sounded like he was having a good time.

I can't believe you guys have a toll free number for people to call in, that has to be expensive.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the comments, I agree it was a good show for the most part. A few tiny technical snafus but nothing major.

I am paying for all the costs of the broadcast out of my own pocket except for the satellite time, the satellite time is being donated by the Access-America Radio Network. Sometime down the road however we will need to pay Access-America for the time, so we will be looking for sponsors.

As far as the toll free number goes, I feel its better then giving you guys a long distance number to call. It is my hope with the toll free number that more people will call in since it doesn't cost listeners anything.

I have no idea how much the toll free number will cost, but feel it will be worth it.

Thanks for listening tune in next week as we will have Brian Gohl from Glorystar on with us and he will be live from the floor of the National Religious Broadcasters confrence. Lots of uplink guys there, so should be entertaining and informative. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts