Ground rated cable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Danny001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Bangor, ME
Could anyone provide a link or brand to an rg6 that is rated to be buried under ground.. would this still require Conduit in ground ? The ground does freeze where I am

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It's not a bad idea to run the cable through conduit. It provides a layer of protection from rodents and shovels.

Reactions: Jimbo
I ran regular RG6 in plastic white pvc pipe once, the 2nd time in grey plastic conduit.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

We have burial cable available to us as installers. It's rated for direct bury but yes I agree with chip.. conduit is never a bad idea.. I know the stuff is made by perfect vision.. I'll check it out next time I'm in the warehouse unless hutch beats me to the reply.

If you go with the conduit idea, which as mentioned is better, please remember to put a bend at the top of the conduit so water doesn't get into the conduit run and deteriorate the coax.

We have burial cable available to us as installers. It's rated for direct bury but yes I agree with chip.. conduit is never a bad idea.. I know the stuff is made by perfect vision.. I'll check it out next time I'm in the warehouse unless hutch beats me to the reply.
I think I have some in the garage as well, If I remember to check tomorrow ...

If you go with the conduit idea, which as mentioned is better, please remember to put a bend at the top of the conduit so water doesn't get into the conduit run and deteriorate the coax.

I filled the open end with silicon.

get some cheap pvc pipe no need to buy electrical rated conduit for coax, or buy some orange cable.
orange is standard color for any type of cable that is buried.
the cheapest way is go and buy pvc and get some caps for it drill a hole big enough for cable to pass through and then seal around the cable with silicone. you can glue the caps on if its permanent but I wouldn't just push them on for future use or maintenance needs.

get some cheap pvc pipe no need to buy electrical rated conduit for coax, or buy some orange cable.
orange is standard color for any type of cable that is buried.
the cheapest way is go and buy pvc and get some caps for it drill a hole big enough for cable to pass through and then seal around the cable with silicone. you can glue the caps on if its permanent but I wouldn't just push them on for future use or maintenance needs.

Perhaps for coaxial cable, but orange is the standard color for 10 gauge wire. Gray is buriable.

I think the Orange is the choice of particular compaies, the local Cable Company here use to use Orange for awhile, but I don't see it anymore.

As for Grey being the color, that could be, but the Buried roll I posted above was Black and the Telecommunication wires I normally use at work (for phone, not coax) is always Black (buried or otherwise).

If your using conduit no need for direct burial.

If you have regular RG6, go ahead and use that. I would only consider conduit or direct burial if this is something that will be a pain to dig up again if you have to replace cable/

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts