Hardware Fees?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
In a couple of months my advanced fee will go to $35/month, and to me that is pretty ridiculous.

Is that the Genie fee? If I swap the Genie for say a HR24, is the fee lower?

I think something somewhere is wrong. I have a Genie and pay a $13/month fee for it. I have no other receivers/clients.

I looked at it wrong. It's $15 a month, $10 off from the normal $25. It goes up to $25 in 6 months when the promo runs out. $25 a month DVR is stupid, and I wonder if the HR24 is cheaper.

3. Advanced Receiver Service 15.00

$10 off $25 for 24 months with Auto Bill Pay & eBill (18 of 24)

For reference:

Two year plus (approx) existing customers: $23/mo
Existing customers (prior to Feb): $25/mo
New customers (Feb and future): $21.50/mo ($15 Fee plus $6.50 cost for the first receiver).

No option to change fee structure, even at customer request.

Fee includes HD, DVR, and Whole-Home.

That stinks. Especially with me. Im going to one DVR in the whole house and no other boxes, and I get $25/month for it...

The Directv charges for receivers are very inconsistent. I know new customers pay some ridiculous fee for a Genie. I subscribed during a promo for free HD for life, so $10 off the $23 makes sense. I would call and complain - they will probably give you some sort of credit.

That stinks. Especially with me. Im going to one DVR in the whole house and no other boxes, and I get $25/month for it...
You have a HD Fee, $10
You have a DVR fee, $ 10 ... this covers as many DVRs on your account as you want, so a second DVR that $10 does not apply to that recvr, just the first one ... The Whole Home fee, or what use to be Multi Room Viewing is a dumb one that I'd like to fight, I have more than one DVR but choose to Not use that feature, why should I be stuck paying it ... (I think it's $3, maybe $5).

You have a HD Fee, $10
You have a DVR fee, $ 10 ... this covers as many DVRs on your account as you want, so a second DVR that $10 does not apply to that recvr, just the first one ... The Whole Home fee, or what use to be Multi Room Viewing is a dumb one that I'd like to fight, I have more than one DVR but choose to Not use that feature, why should I be stuck paying it ... (I think it's $3, maybe $5).

From the pattern on this forum, it seems it's $3 for those of us who have been customers longer.

People complain about programming costs but reality is these fees have gotten ridiculous and at a much faster rate.

Reactions: ejb1980
yea, that $25/month fee isnt tacked on if you have another DVR, at this point its just 6.50 for any box you add.

as for the ridiculousness of fees, you know what they say: a rising tide...

actually direct fees are easier to figure out then dish used to be

prior to calling it advanced receiver each fee was broken out separate
when i started with direct it was
$10 hd
$10 dvr
$3 whole home
-$10 hd free for life

i think it was better received that way,

when i had dish it was a crap shoot what your fee was as it depended on the box, that has changed since the hopper came out

What exactly are the fee's for anyway. I could understand it working like a cell phone contract. After two years, the box is paid for, and you have no more fee's. The cable runs into your your house, and you get their signal with the box. I don't pay Samsung a fee to watch Blueray's and DVD"s on their player. I just don't get it.

good question.
back in the day of cable ready tv, you didnt need a box, and no rental fees

nowadays every company charges a mirror fee
remember itsthe same whether you own a box or get from the provider

What exactly are the fee's for anyway. I could understand it working like a cell phone contract. After two years, the box is paid for, and you have no more fee's. The cable runs into your your house, and you get their signal with the box. I don't pay Samsung a fee to watch Blueray's and DVD"s on their player. I just don't get it.
Yet ....
Don't give them any ideas.
That goes for all makers and TVs too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts