Haven

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Horrible show!!! Boring, slow, nothing going for it at all. But watch, they'll say it's a hit and renew it in about a week.

I watched it and did not get it. They did not really introduce many plot lines to make it interesting. I will give it a few more episodes to see if anything interesting happens.

After reading all the negative comments for the show, I wasn't optimistic, but I found that all the criticisms were unfounded - the show was excellent - exactly what my wife and I enjoy. We thought it was a great mix of mystery and humor. (I was rolling on the floor when Parker said, "What am I going to do? Pull out another gun?" :) ) I thought that Agent Parker would be a bit much for Emily Rose to pull off, but she was actually very good.

I'm sorry that so many other folks didn't get it. Hopefully, enough of the rest of us do that it'll survive a long time.

Watched it, wasn't too great, but wasn't too bad.
Question is on how they sustain it going forward. The next couple episodes should show how good it'll be.

Did make me want to drag out a copy of Stephen King's "The Colorado Kid" in order to check out more of the backstory.

I'd recommend not doing so. There is very little intention apparent to capitalize on the linkage. I figure that checking out the short story deliberately because you're watching the television series would just foster a context for disappointment and disaffection, and serve no additive aim. I trust that whatever background we may need from the short story (if any) would be provided on-screen.

Slow... I may watch second episode but it is not high on my list. Found some of it predictable. The weather lady side story is just too predictable. Haven't I seen that before?

I went one episode too many...almost killed me how poor it is. Timer Deleted.

Ive been OK with the first two. Good summer tv fun. For some reason, I dont expect as much from summer TV. I cant stand WH13 or Eureka, so to each their own.

to each their own.
Yes, good point. The other shows you mentioned are among the favorites in our home. I think it often comes down to what audience the network is aiming to attract. They're clearly aiming for my wife and I, because they keep putting out shows that appeal directly to us. By extension, "good" and "bad" is really a matter of how well their intention is realized, and so if, indeed, their intention is to provide programming that folks like my wife and I like, they're doing a great job.

Ive been OK with the first two. Good summer tv fun. For some reason, I dont expect as much from summer TV. I cant stand WH13 or Eureka, so to each their own.

WH13 is definitely not great in any way, shape, or form, yet, I can usually watch it.

I have always enjoyed Eureka, even though it is bubble-gum sci-fi. Silly stuff, but fun, and it does not take itself too seriously.

I did like Caprica, can't wait for it to come back. I also was glad to see Syfy picked up Merlin, I watched both seasons of it.

Syfy appears to have a lot of stuff in the pipe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)