Hello I have three hoppers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

keckge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Illinois
When I hook the third one up to network moca and wireless mind you this one is a hopper 2000 not sling, the other two are slings it causes a huge bog down. Now could this be caused by the fact that both the hopper 2000 and one of the sling both record prime time anytime because that is when this seems to happen? Should I purchase a fourth hopper just to control prime time anytime so I'm not pulling so much info from the sattilte at the same time? Any comments would be appreciated that aren't rude.

i probably think you got the wrong one if it is a hopper 2000 because that receiver only supports QPSK and that may not work until next month and if i were you i would suggest going to Hopper with sling since you can do wifi internet services and netflix support and that receiver will cost only $50 dollars a month if you want 3 to 4 hoppers if you want do that.

i probably think you got the wrong one if it is a hopper 2000 because that receiver only supports QPSK and that may not work until next month and if i were you i would suggest going to Hopper with sling since you can do wifi internet services and netflix support and that receiver will cost only $50 dollars a month if you want 3 to 4 hoppers if you want do that.

Wait a minute...

Hopper 2000 is a current receiver and is NOT QPSK and WILL work fine for many years to come.

A Hopper with Sling WILL NOT cost $50 per month. Hoppers and Hoppers with Sling cost $12 a month each.

Reactions: TheKrell
Oh ok so a hopper 2000 receiver will for many years to come and will be the current receiver and yes hoppers and hoppers with Sling cost $12 a month each.

When you say bogging down, bogging down what? What are the manifestations of the bog down?

Ok KAB when you hook up the hopper 2000 to the moca network and wireless network ( right now I have them on the solo node and not connected to the dou) during the 7-10 prime time any hours, remotes become sluggish or don't work at all hoppers with sling lock up requiring a reboot even to watch recorded shows all hell breaks loose when you try to connect that hopper 2000 so I was wondering if it had something to do with both of them trying to pull simultaneously prime time anytime at the same time and should I buy a fourth hopper just for this function to keep this from happening.

This happens when you have more than 1 Hopper during PTAT when you are saving a PTAT show using a timer. The DVR list, timer list and Daily Schedule refresh every minute and things slow down. When you add a third Hopper it gets even slower. I have had the problem here and reported it to Dish. I suggest you report it too because the more reports they get the quicker they'll look at it.

It's not PTAT that's causing this since all Hoppers can do PTAT simultaneously via the cable to the dish. It must be the moca channel saturating. Do you have any Joeys as well? If this is a problem with 3 Hoppers, how do those with 4 Hoppers survive?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)