Help only receiving limited # of transponders

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cease1955

Original poster
Aug 23, 2014
I am a newby who is lending my daughter a d12-100 receiver until they get their own direct tv account.
The dish is a slim line 3 LNB unit with single coaxial lead. I assume that it is a swm dish. In their wall, they have a p121r1-03 power inserter, and not sure as to the make/ model of the switch. The problem is no tv reception. When we run Satellite strength it shows 100, but the individual transponders are very limited. Transponder 1 = 100, #2=0, #3=96, transponders 4-8=0 transponder 9=0 transponder 10=75, transponders 11-16 = 0, transponders 17-23=0 transponder 24=73, transponders 25-32 =0 except for transponder 27 and 31. As can be seen, most transponders =0. This is based on the Satellite 101degree.
I have seen referenced in some of the prior posts that their is a setup for the receiver to the type of equipment used. If this can be my problem, can you talk me through now to configure the D12-100 receiver.

Thank you for your help.

I think the D12 requires a band stop filter when used in a SWM setup, but it's been a long time since I saw one of those setup so perhaps one of our installed friends will be along soon to verify.

Did you run the repeat satellite setup procedure on the receiver?
That could be part of the problem, otherwise could be the dish is out of alignment. Are any other receivers using that dish?

Thank you JCRandall for getting back to me so quickly. This is the only receiver using the system. Did not repeat setup procedure on the dish, will give that a try. As to aiming the dish, did not give that a try. Assumed that it probably worked for the prior home owner, but we both know what assume means.
Will advise if these ideas help or not, Hopefully .....
Have a great day, and again, thank you for getting back to me.

:welcome to Satelliteguys cease 1955!

You mentioned you are loaning a receiver to your daughter temporarily. Does she live with you, or at her own residence?

Politely ignoring what chip asked as I don't want to know the answer but his question was kinda important.. hint hint..

But yea it sounds like you either have a wiring issue or the box was not reset for swm if you have a traditional setup. If she has a power inserter somewhere then you are going to need to repeat sat setup and change switch type to 01 swm and dish type to either 17 or 18 depending on which is in the house. If you get a recheck swm field it should auto detect.

FYI a bsf is only NEED ED when there are other receivers on the dish that utilize internet via deca or mrv is authorized. Otherwise it won't hurt anything having or not having it installed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)