Here Is The Dish Find I Was Speaking About The Other Day

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BeltFanChris

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2015
Northwest Louisiana
I apologize for posting a new topic. The other day I was talking about my local dish find here in my hometown of Shreveport, Louisiana

I'm attaching a pic I screen capture from Google Maps. I have not gone by there to ask them if they want it remove or not yet
screencapture-www-google-com-maps-32-393235-93-738532-3a-15y-280-43h-85-14t-data-3m4-1e1-3m2-.png
I know for a fact it has been there for years and years. From my screen capture pic, what does some of you more experience guy's think the size of this dish is from my screen grab pic?

I would prefer a 10 ft. one but as many of you guys have told me you got to start somewhere

I found the location using Google Earth and measured the dish with the ruler tool. If it's accurate it's either 7.5' or 8'.

At this point the size doesn't matter much. If you can get it for free or almost free, the experience will be invaluable. And when you finally do secure that 10' dish you want, you won't make any of the same errors you made with this one :)
I say "GO FOR IT"

Reactions: FaT Air and FTA4PA
Ditto on "GO FOR IT"

My first C-band dish was a free 7.5' Echostar (KTI) that needed a lot of TLC. About the time I had the 7.5' fixed up and tracking well, I found a 10' SAMI. I had to wait a bit and paid $50, but brought home the 10' SAMI (which is in great condition) with actuator and a NPRM...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts