Hooking up a DVD player

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

duckman18561

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2007
I am trying to hook up a dvd player to my direct tv box how do i do this and what imput do i need to go to. or can i even hook it up into my box or do i have to go to the tv?

Why do you want to go into the satellite receiver? Your best option would be to go HDMI from the dvd straight to the tv. If one or the other doesn't have HDMI - then go component. Always try to avoid going into multiple sources when connecting video. The less "hands" touching it - the better.

The Directv box should have at least two sets of out puts. You did not say what receiver you have and if the dvd is a player only of a recorder so its hard to say how to connect it.

If you have a dvd player only then take the output from the dvd player and connect it to you tv's second input, HDMI or component or what ever is a match between the two unites.

If you have a DVD-Recorder that you want to record programs from the directv receiver then take the second output from the receiver and connect it to the input on the DVD-Recorder and connect the output as above.

the only receiver that can take an a/v input would be the phillips dsx5500 receivers. d* doesnt distribute them anymore so chances are likely you would have to run a/v jacks to your tv if it has the input for it. if the tv doesnt have the inputs then you need a rf modulator.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)