Hopper 3 guide settings

wemathis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2013
Albuquerque
When the Hopper 3 was installed, the installer restored my settings from my old remote. The setting for guide showed HD subscribed. While playing with the new UI I changed the guide to All Subscribed and then realized that there was no option for just HD channels. On the old UI you could hit guide twice and one of the options was HD only. Now the only options I see are all subscribed, all not subscribed and all channels. I ended up restoring from the remote again, but this doesn't seem right. What am I missing here?

you can't sort out your HD channels with Hooper 3 so far. You can make a favorites list pretty easily. I did it and I like it more than I thought I would. You can't save locals in this list. Yet.

I had just "subscribed to HD" when I transferred over my timers yesterday but it changed overnight to "all subscribed " overnight.
the only other options I have are all unsubscribed and all channels. I'd sure like the ability to see all subscribed HD back again (without having to create a new favorites list)

Reactions: B1gted
I had just "subscribed to HD" when I transferred over my timers yesterday but it changed overnight to "all subscribed " overnight.
the only other options I have are all unsubscribed and all channels. I'd sure like the ability to see all subscribed HD back again (without having to create a new favorites list)

You and me both. I can't stand seeing all of these SD channels when I am used to seing HD only. Dish, please add back this feature, when I hit options and see the ALL:subscribed, etc, there are several empty option slots that could house a ALL:HD subcribed option.

Reactions: D. Manley
You and me both. I can't stand seeing all of these SD channels when I am used to seing HD only. Dish, please add back this feature, when I hit options and see the ALL:subscribed, etc, there are several empty option slots that could house a ALL:HD subcribed option.

There is an option in the Guide setup screen that says HIde SD channels. What it means is hide SD channels if there is an HD available which is what you want. Go look and see if you have that turned on. But yes, there is no ALL:HD subscribed mode. There is subscribed, Favs, Unsubscribed (figure that one out).

There is an option in the Guide setup screen that says HIde SD channels. What it means is hide SD channels if there is an HD available which is what you want. Go look and see if you have that turned on. But yes, there is no ALL:HD subscribed mode. There is subscribed, Favs, Unsubscribed (figure that one out).

Yep I have that on, but there are still plenty of SD only channels that I am not used to seeing. I hope they bring back this option. Surely it is a simple oversite and an easy fix. Especially if you can temporarily get it to do it if you restore your 40 remote settings.

you can't sort out your HD channels with Hooper 3 so far. You can make a favorites list pretty easily. I did it and I like it more than I thought I would. You can't save locals in this list. Yet.
huh? I can include my locals in my favorite list - always have - that hasn't changed. Unless this is true of some local markets but not of others?

Yeah, I noticed when I hit "hide sd channels" or whatever it is in the H3 guide settings I still see SD channels on my NHL and NBA season subscription channels, 470-xx and 475-xx. I am not at home right now and will have to check the guide to see. The other thing I would love, it's because this how I had the old guide set up, would be to have the active channel on the bottom of the guide and the rest of the channels numbers higher above it in the guide if this makes sense. By the time this is available I will probably be used to way I have it set now, active channel on top and higher channel numbers below it in the guide.

Yeah, I noticed when I hit "hide sd channels" or whatever it is in the H3 guide settings I still see SD channels on my NHL and NBA season subscription channels, 470-xx and 475-xx. I am not at home right now and will have to check the guide to see. The other thing I would love, it's because this how I had the old guide set up, would be to have the active channel on the bottom of the guide and the rest of the channels numbers higher above it in the guide if this makes sense. By the time this is available I will probably be used to way I have it set now, active channel on top and higher channel numbers below it in the guide.

I'll break it up into two answers.
1) If you'll notice the setting says "Hide Duplicate SD Channes" which means to hide any SD channels that have a duplicate SD channel. So if there is not an HD channel for 470 (I don't know I don't subscribe to any of the NBA channels) then it will show you the SD channel.

2) Strange, the receiver comes configured to show you that order (active on the bottom, and then going up). Someone must have changed it. Settings/Guide/Channel Order .. See if it says Increasing from Top to Bottom or Decreasing... Changing it will resort the guide to the way you were used to seeing it. I find it counter-intuitive, so I have mine set for Increasing from Top to Bottom.

My hopper 3 guide shows no SD channels but only because I copied over the settings with my remote from old hopper. If try any of the new options it starts showing SD channels and I have to re copy settings from remote

Hmm, I still have my Hopper with Sling and my 2 Joeys and Super Joey. Was going to mail them out tomorrow. Maybe I could plug them in and pair the remote to them to copy the settings for each and then let the Hopper 3 and my three 4K Joeys take those settings. I saved my timers on my HWSand transfered to the Hopper 3. How do I do the settings?

My hopper 3 guide shows no SD channels but only because I copied over the settings with my remote from old hopper. If try any of the new options it starts showing SD channels and I have to re copy settings from remote

It's not very difficult to customize your own list, and it works as intended. No need to do workarounds...;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts