Hopper not recording

bspei

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Aurora. CO
Covert affairs was recording but when I went to the tuners it was not there.
This is what was listed for tuner 4.

No information available 33401da...

The menu had the red capsule that it was recording but it wasn't there.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Last edited:
When this happens you either have to reboot the hopper or re-run your check switch to make sure all tuners are seeing the satellite. Sometimes both. I have seen this happen several times ,along with the guide update on one tuner. A reboot and check switch run usually fixes it for a while.

sometimes it can be a node issue as well. Not the likely option at first though, just throwing out possibilities

sometimes it can be a node issue as well. Not the likely option at first though, just throwing out possibilities
My very first single node that I stopped using when I got the dual node and two hoppers, was my first node to go bad. When I traded in my 2nd hopper for a super joey , I had to go back to the single node again. I hadn't used it in a year or so and it was dead as a brick. I had to get another single node from dishdepot.com and it was supposed to be a more heat and cold resistant version . The early single nodes often crap out due to the heat/cold sensitivity issues.

Since I have had the super joey, I have had the symptoms the thread starter described pop up more . Sometimes after a power outage I will get that one or the guide update and my super joey can't access the hopper. A hopper switch check after a reboot on the super joey, seems to bring it all back.

You are right on all accounts, but it will get to a point that the switch test won't even do it(node just says "screw this I'm done")

You are right on all accounts, but it will get to a point that the switch test won't even do it(node just says "screw this I'm done")
I can relate. I have often felt like saying" Screw this I'm done". But my wife won't seem to let me ever get away with it.:beaten

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)