Hopper on WA Need to Add 61 Sat

az99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2014
I have a Hopper on 110,119,129 but no HD locals. It is a 1000.2 or.4 dish with the spare port for a remote LNB. I want to add an extra dish for 61.5 only for the HD locals. Can I use an old 18" round dish with a Legacy LNB? If not, which LNB do I need.

72.7 is totally blocked so EA is not doable.

Thanx

First, why don't you tell us where your locals are. An extra dish could work but a little more info is needed....

It is a odd situation with tree blockage and dish location. Adding 61 is the only way to get HD locals as 110 locals are SD and 72 sat is blocked.
All I need to know is what dish/LNB combination do I need for 61 sat to work with what I already have.

You should be able to connect a wing dish to your 1000.2WA setup. Only problem I see running into MIGHT be if you have a hopper, then it does not play well with anything legaacy, so not sure if a dish300 would do it for you, if running through a 1k.2 lnb....

If you use PTAT it may mess up the recordings.

When I had 100,119,129 and 61.5 it confused the hell out of my Hopper, sometimes it would record the SD channel, sometimes the HD channel but mostly it just skipped all the primetime recordings - mama was very displeased.

Dish could not get it to work so they moved me to EA - now all's well.

I realize you have a problem with 72.7, but just so you know this may introduce more problems.

Could you use two satellites, shooting through the same tree gap at 61.5 and 72.7?

What is the possibility that the trees may soon block 61.5, also?

PTAT is exactly why I wanted to add the 61 sat to the Hopper. I get the SD locals on 110 but the Hopper won't record them for PTAT.

Would you lose anything (you care about) by not having 110? I would think PTAT would work fine if it only sees the locals on 61.5. End up with 119/129/61.5

You should be able to connect a wing dish to your 1000.2WA setup. Only problem I see running into MIGHT be if you have a hopper, then it does not play well with anything legaacy, so not sure if a dish300 would do it for you, if running through a 1k.2 lnb....

I had a dish 1000 pointing to the WA. I got a 1000.2 for the WA and used the 1000 to point to the 61.5. I upgraded to the hopper without any issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts