Hopper rebooted 4 times in 4 hours

rick522

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
my hopper without sling is going nuts today. NOT any hope i could watch a show without interruption, getting very tired of being a beta tester. IS there any excuse for this poor performance ?

edit : got off chat very disappointed all they did was have me got to menu > dia>.update and disable the inactivity check. Also to have me plug into a different outlet..

Last edited:
Freezing is not a software issue 90% of the time. In can be a power issue or a hard drive issue that causes the receiver to freeze. Dies it happen randomly or always when you are watching a DVR recording?

Freezing is not a software issue 90% of the time. In can be a power issue or a hard drive issue that causes the receiver to freeze. Dies it happen randomly or always when you are watching a DVR recording?

"Dies it happen randomly or always when you are watching a DVR recording?"
Hope that was not a Freudian slip.
Today both when watching DVR recording and twice when watching live tv . Wife tells me last weekend it rebooted 3 times one morning so it might be getting worse.

Yea it was a slip lol, my fat fingers get me sometimes. The inactivity would not cause the receiver to reboot, which is weird that they would have you check that. I don’t believe that is listed anywhere in the troubleshooting for the receiver restarting. The different outlet would be to verify that it’s not a power issue going into the receiver. If you want to start a private conversation with me I will be happy to check the health dashboard for the receiver and assist getting the receiver replaced if it needs to be.

Yea it was a slip lol, my fat fingers get me sometimes. The inactivity would not cause the receiver to reboot, which is weird that they would have you check that. I don’t believe that is listed anywhere in the troubleshooting for the receiver restarting. The different outlet would be to verify that it’s not a power issue going into the receiver. If you want to start a private conversation with me I will be happy to check the health dashboard for the receiver and assist getting the receiver replaced if it needs to be.
My guess is they misunderstood the problem, and thought it was turning off after a certain amount of time. But that is just a guess.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)