How accurate is dishpointer.com?

Discussion in 'The DIRECTV Forum' started by abooch, Oct 27, 2008.

1. abooch

abooch Thread Starter Member

how accurate is this site? I'm getting an install done sunday and need to have the dish installed on the deck.. dishpointer seems to show tat i have a good line of sight as there are no trees in my backyard blocking the view of the dish with the next house have a max height of 100 feet..here is the picture..

Attached Files:

• ant1.jpg
      ant1.jpg
      File size:
      377.8 KB
      Views:

Advertisements Register Today!

Reigster at SatelliteGuys
  2. jdspencer

jdspencer SatelliteGuys Family

It might be close as the house roof is at an elevation of 35 deg. But, that's probably at ground level. Since your dish will be a bit higher, I'd say you're okay. Get a protractor and do a sighting at the 35.4 deg elevation at the dish location. You might consider putting the dish on a pole off the deck or on the roof.

3. Zynergi

Zynergi Active SatelliteGuys Member

The 35.4 is the AZ/EL Mounts Setting not the Sat . He is using the 5LNB settings hich is just going to show center point. He still needs to go 19-25 degrees to the right for 119 and about 8-10 degrees lower. I would be willing to be (assuming tree height) that 119 and maybe 110 may be blocked.. but he may not need those sats, in which case a Slimline 3 LNB would work.

What I would do OP, is have dishpointer look at each sat, vs the combo, and see where the trajectory angles are.

4. HDRoberts

HDRoberts SatelliteGuys Family
    Pub Member / Supporter

Keep in mind the line is just the imaginary center line where a multiple LNB setup points. Check each individual satellite location for LOS.

5. abooch

abooch Thread Starter Member

yea i did that checked all five separately and it looks pretty good hopesully it all works out

6. goober22

goober22 Active SatelliteGuys Member

I'm in NW Florida and used Dishpointer to set my dish up before my receivers came. Once here, they matched for all #s that dishpointer gave me. So, it seems accurate.