How Full Do You Keep Your DVR?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
My wife mostly uses the HR24 we have in the upstairs living room, while I mainly use the HR44 in the basement and they can all see each other. My wife starts freaking out when the HR24 gets to like 60% free space remaining and deletes stuff, due to the combined playlist she wasn't paying attention to what was recorded on what unit and accidentally deleted the last 7 eps of Haven from this past season that I had yet to watch. I went and changed the settings so that she can't erase things off the genie anymore. I told her to relax and only delete stuff once it gets say below 15%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i get freak out when mine reached 20% because i don't like looking them automatically delete warning

I delete when I watch something unless I miss part of the episode/movie and want to rewatch it. as a result my HR34 stays around 50%(I do keep every episode of The Walking Dead) and my HR24 is at about 98% free.

I typically will start deleting when it gets to about 30% left, don't really need to, but it just seems to be where I do.

Typically between 30 and when I'm done, it will be between 50 and 60 % available.

I tend to record entire series and don't delete till the end of the season in most cases.

Currently I'm at 82% free. Mine is mostly full of movies from HBO & Starz I save for bad weather days. Any shows that I record get deleted as soon as they're watched, which is usually only a day or 2 later.

I rarely have less than 10% available. Usually it isn't a problem unless there is a surprise marathon.

Mine are absolutely 100% empty. I tend to watch what I recorded the previous night when I get home from work. It's very rare something sits on my DVRs for more than 48 hours. DVRs are temporary storage devices, and I have no desire to keep a particular episode of a particular show past that time I see the previews for the following weeks episode. That's how I've always been. I've been using DVRs since 1999 or 2000, whenever the DP7100 first came out and in all that time the only thing I've had on a DVRs hard drive for more than a few days was the Rousey/Tate UFC fight last year. Deleted it after about a month after watching Tate being taken down by the famous armbar about a hundred times. Between the HR44 and HR24 I have 1.5 TB of storage on D* and 500GB on my TWC DVR, that's 2TB of storage that sits empty most of the time.

The only things that are kept on our DVR'S long term are movies that are in HD that I want to keep but have no BD counterpart. We do store quite a lot of shows, but only until we watch them then delete. As an example I have only watched the first 3 eps of season 7 of SOA & the first 2 eps of this seasons Homeland and after I do watch I'll delete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts