How much is the Hopper upgrade costing you?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Called to upgrade mine this morning. Final cost for 1 Hopper and 3 joeys was $100 with no install fee. Install set up for Saturday. Actually got them to throw in free HD since I had been paying for it and it lowered my bill some, we shall see when I get the first one. Debating now whether to call back and change it to 2 hoppers and 2 Joeys. Any advantage over either in the long run besides only watching live on 3 tvs?

For an additional $100, I'd go with 2H 2J and get the additional tuners and HDD space.

Just to try to take the pressure off Zach a bit, here is what he sent me after looking at my account. "Thank. So we don't know exactly what goes into determining if a customer is eligible for a promotion but the things that can go into this are things like history, payment history, programming, monthly rate and previous upgrades. After looking through the account I do see that the information that was provided to you earlier is correct. "

it appears this is an account by account eligibility roll out.

So excited I called Dish at the 800 # and got bad news...

I was told that if I have only one HD television that I am not able to get the Hopper per company policy...As I have a 622 and 211 I didn't think that this would be a problem...I figured cost would be the big issue...(CSR said there are roughly 14 milllion subscribers with a limited amount of Hoppers (around 300,000 he said) and that Installers are instructed to have a 722 in their van and if their is only 1 HD tv, cancel the work order and install a 722)

Can anyone confirm this for me??? I really want the Hopper and have had a bad few weeks...this just will top it all off haha

BS

i only have one 722 and contacted DIRT and there is no problem giving me 1 hopper and 1 joey. I only have 1 HDTV and one SD tv.

just be patient as Zach is up to his eyeballs right now

100 fee...new 24 month contract. I love dish so I don't care about the contract, I have been waiting since I decided not to burn my upgrade on the 922, this seems like a way nicer system with way less bugs.

I was just curious what my total upgrade cost would be so I got on the chat with DISH.

"Since you're one of our most valued customers, you can buy one Hopper and 3 Joeys for only $746, plus $15 installation fee." LOL!

Just ordered 1 Hopper/2 Joeys/ $100 and no install fee. I could've gotten an install on Saturday, but my schedule didn't allow it. I have to wait a whole week until the 22nd!! At least I'll get to see the early results from the weekend installs. If it is a screaming train wreck I have time to cancel. :)

I was just curious what my total upgrade cost would be so I got on the chat with DISH.

"Since you're one of our most valued customers, you can buy one Hopper and 3 Joeys for only $746, plus $15 installation fee." LOL!

What a good deal for dish....:rolleyes:

Just ordered 1 Hopper/2 Joeys/ $100 and no install fee. I could've gotten an install on Saturday, but my schedule didn't allow it. I have to wait a whole week until the 22nd!! At least I'll get to see the early results from the weekend installs. If it is a screaming train wreck I have time to cancel. :)[/QUOTE

Very good move on your part.

For everyone that has to purchase the equipment, Dish must have a legitimate reason as to why you do not qualify. In some cases it could be a mistake but most likely there is something that has happened with your account in the past that does not qualify you for upgrading.

For everyone that has to purchase the equipment, Dish must have a legitimate reason as to why you do not qualify. In some cases it could be a mistake but most likely there is something that has happened with your account in the past that does not qualify you for upgrading.

Yep, and in my case it must be that I've been on autopay since we started with DISH. :)

Yep, and in my case it must be that I've been on autopay since we started with DISH. :)

That's likely it. :) I suspect there are lots of mistakes in the system that get carried over and affect sub's ratings unfortunately. I'm not ready for the upgrade yet, but I'm curious as to whether I'll even qualify based on what others are saying. Been a Dish sub since 1998 on annual subscription or autopay with my last upgrade in 2008. I'll hop on over to Direct if I need to when the time comes.

Now, since it is official, is there any way to upgrade from VIP to Hopper without a new 2 year contract?
I do have a hardware protection plan if it matters.

Ilya said:
Now, since it is official, is there any way to upgrade from VIP to Hopper without a new 2 year contract?
I do have a hardware protection plan if it matters.

Purchase the equipment. If you do the upgrade promotion you have to renew a contract.

Waiting on wife approval. I have one 722 and am currently not under contract. Looking to get just a single hopper to replace my 722 and no joey's. I don't have the protection plan. Currently have the Dish America package.

As far as I know yes. You can't get any discounts unless you renew a commitment. Seems fair to me.

Perhaps without discounts at a higher upfront fee, but I would prefer to lease, not purchase. I wonder if there is a lease option without a contract?
My ViP622 has a failed HDMI. I need to replace it anyway. I would prefer to replace it with a Hopper if possible. I woldn't mind paying some extra for the upgrade and installation.

Kevin R (ID: ORD): You can get two Hopper with two joeys for the low upfront cost of $600 and $ for the technician visit.
XXXXX: no thanks
Kevin R (ID: ORD): You can check back with us in future for new promotions.
Kevin R (ID: ORD): Is there anything else I may assist you with?
XXXXX: Why are others getting it for $200
Kevin R (ID: ORD): We are charging the same price for all the customers.

I guess it's CSR roulette time. :rolleyes:

Waiting on wife approval.
Talk about having serious eligibility issues! :eek:

I PM'd Zach this morning before the mad rush to check on my eligibility, and despite just doing a DIU to HD back in August (new 2-year agreement), I can get 1H 2J for the $100 up front cost. I have had AT250 for years...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)