How much notice before canceling service?

minkbarn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
I'm selling my house. The closing is Dec. 1. How much time does Dish need to pull the dish out, and for me to send back the 722k?

I'd like to keep the TV going as long as possible before leaving. I can't commit to having Dish at my next place, since I don't know where that's going to be yet (our house sold much more quickly than we expected).

Thanks!

You can cancel anywhere from immediately up to 30 days in advance. It will just cut off on the day you want. Why not put the account on pause while you wait till you find the next place. Pause is good for up to 9 months.

But if he has anything on an ehd he will loose that if he goes the cancel route. With pause he would be able to keep what's on an ehd.
And be able to shift priority stuff on to their receiver's DVR and be able to watch it (what is on the receiver's DVR, not the EHD) while on pause, giving them a little bonus while they wait to see if Dish will work at the new place and for the install.

Thanks for the responses. I'd probably go with DirecTV if I get another small dish, since they have TCM, MHZWorldview, and CSNNE-- three of the channels I most watch. But I don't know where I'll be living. All I know is I'm very lucky to have sold the house so fast, so these problems are good ones.

I'm selling my house. The closing is Dec. 1. How much time does Dish need to pull the dish out, and for me to send back the 722k?

I'd like to keep the TV going as long as possible before leaving. I can't commit to having Dish at my next place, since I don't know where that's going to be yet (our house sold much more quickly than we expected).

Thanks!
Leave the dish. Dish likes that. It's a way fro them to gain a new customer.
You have 15 days for them to receive your receivers and remotes.

Leave the dish. Dish likes that. It's a way fro them to gain a new customer.
You have 15 days for them to receive your receivers and remotes.
But the LNBF's won't be there and are often crudely cut by the canceling subscriber and required to be sent to Dish along with the boxes. Dish leaves the reflector at the house because it costs money to go and remove the reflector, and they would rather have their tech staff INSTALLING new customers ASAP, not running around removing reflectors that cost money to remove and make no money in return.

Most people do not return the lnb because it is to difficult to access, so they are usually still here for the next person, but that is not why dish likes it.
It is free advertising, for the next person to come in trying to figure out who they want as a provider, look up and see a dish, and call and get it installed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts