How to find 3D dvd's in BB online

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Just bought a new LG 42LA6200 3D tv set. I looked through BB website, and was unable to identify any 3D Blu-rays. Do they even carry them? If so, how are people finding them in a search?

Thanks!

Wow! Now I know I searched with "3D" in the search box and couldn't find any the other day. I just tried it again, and they are coming up. That's odd... Thanks!

Even for those that are listed as 3D, it's hit-and-miss. Some 3D titles I ordered from them arrived in a 2D version.
If the title in your queue has [3D] it's usually a good sign, but still no guarantees.

Even searching on 3D gets lots of movies that aren't 3D at all, and it won't put them into the queue as a 3D selection, I have to make that change in the queue itself.
?

If the movie has a 3D version, the drop down list will have DVD, Blu-ray, and BR3. Select BR3 to get the 3D version. I have ordered 1 3D movie( Escape From Planet Earth) and it did arrive in 3D. I have 2 more( Upside Down and Glee: The Concert Movie) with medium to high demand in my Queue. When you search for 3D movies , it doesn't show BR3 in the Get IT area. You must add it to your queue and then use the pull down to see if BR3 is available.

When I suggested that they start a 3D category I was told that the powers that be really don't want to spend the money to carry 3D copies. That's also the reason they gave me for not carrying 3D copies at the stand alone stores. Reading between the lines leads me to believe that Blockbuster won't be around much longer. Can't compete with streaming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)