Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
Anyone got any idea why my HR-34 will decide not to respond to the down arrow ONLY when in the List (recordings)?

I can down-arrow anywhere else.
I rebooted the other night before we went to bed and nothing was recording and after a reboot, it worked again.
Now tonight my wife went to watch something and.... the very top item on the recorded program list is highlighted and we can't scroll down. Oh... arrow-down doesn't respond and neither does the channel-down so I can't scroll a single entry AND I can't scroll a page.

I have a couple things recording right now so I can't reboot. But this is maddening. Any thoughts on how to "shake it loose" without rebooting would be appreciated.

This is with my Universal Remote MX-980 and also with the stock remote. So it's apparently not the remote.

thoughts?

Anyone got any idea why my HR-34 will decide not to respond to the down arrow ONLY when in the List (recordings)?

I can down-arrow anywhere else.
I rebooted the other night before we went to bed and nothing was recording and after a reboot, it worked again.
Now tonight my wife went to watch something and.... the very top item on the recorded program list is highlighted and we can't scroll down. Oh... arrow-down doesn't respond and neither does the channel-down so I can't scroll a single entry AND I can't scroll a page.

I have a couple things recording right now so I can't reboot. But this is maddening. Any thoughts on how to "shake it loose" without rebooting would be appreciated.

This is with my Universal Remote MX-980 and also with the stock remote. So it's apparently not the remote.

thoughts?
How do you like the MX 890 ?
I have one too.
I usually like it, but have issues with it from time to time.

How do you like the MX 890 ?
I have one too.
I usually like it, but have issues with it from time to time.

I love my MX-980. Best remote I've ever owned. And I've had it a few years now and it still looks and works perfectly.
What kind of issues are you having?
I'm just curious.

I love my MX-980. Best remote I've ever owned. And I've had it a few years now and it still looks and works perfectly.
What kind of issues are you having?
I'm just curious.
It seems like I have to push the buttons harder than you would think to get it to respond ...
Is your set up as RF or IR ?
Mine is RF and that could be part of the issue, I've moved the unit around some to find the best spot, but don't know if I have found the best location yet.

It seems like I have to push the buttons harder than you would think to get it to respond ...
Is your set up as RF or IR ?
Mine is RF and that could be part of the issue, I've moved the unit around some to find the best spot, but don't know if I have found the best location yet.
Mine is set up as IR.
My wife points it like... straight up in the air... all over the place, AND my equipment is in a cabinet, behind glass doors with divided lights.
Still works. The blaster on the MX-980 will actually go through a blanket (yes... tested and confirmed! heheheh)

Mine is set up as IR.
My wife points it like... straight up in the air... all over the place, AND my equipment is in a cabinet, behind glass doors with divided lights.
Still works. The blaster on the MX-980 will actually go through a blanket (yes... tested and confirmed! heheheh)
I wonder if I should just try it on IR, I suppose I would just have to unplug the RF pack, I think.
What I like best is it can control ALL my devices ANYWHERE in the house.

The button press should be the same. I mean... they're the same buttons. Maybe the RF takes longer to respond?
There's an IR-to-IP converter that I might look into, as most of my stuff is becoming network-attached.
I'm not sure there's a better way to control everything in the house from anywhere in the house than RF. RF might be the best option for that.

known issue, DirecTV is working on a fix.

Would be nice if it would get fixed. Rebooting is not always convenient (like when you have things recording!).
All we can do is go into the bedroom and use the HR24 and watch recorded shows there. And even THAT doesn't always prove useful.

Tonight I'll have a hockey game recording. I'll wait until it's spooled about 45 minutes (so I can skip the intermissions) and if it's not at the top of the list I can't scroll to it. AND... my wife will ALREADY be watching TV in the bedroom because she doesn't watch hockey (she has other.... qualities.... so I can forgive her not being a hockey fan)

I've found that I can sort the list... on Sports... choose hockey.... and then... there it is!

What would be REALLY cool is if we could SEARCH our recordings. Then you could bring it up by keyword plus date or whatever.

Same issue here..down arrow or page down work everywhere else but Playlist. I can only fix with a reboot. HR34-700
0x992

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)