Please reply by conversation.

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
Hi, Any know if you can use a hr-25-500 with an old 18" dish for just 101? Got a buddy how wants to take this with him when he tailgate's. I can seem to get it to accept the signal. I have signal AI meter shows signal. Get error 775 i have tried a powered mult switch as well.

Any input?

I don't think "HR25" exists...most likely it is "H25". H25 boxes require a SWM connection. Most likely, that old 18" dish does not have a SWM compatible LNB. You either need an older receiver or a newer dish/lnb.

Yes, the H25 requires an SWM system. You can get an SWM slimline dish, or get an SWM8 multiswitch with power inserter that will "convert" the 18in dish to an SWM system. Or as mikew says, use an older receiver that does not require SWM.

Found this in back garage but I don't think it's a SWM?

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1409586982.794894.jpg

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That's a non swm lnb. It has four outputs.

Yes, the H25 requires an SWM system. You can get an SWM slimline dish, or get an SWM8 multiswitch with power inserter that will "convert" the 18in dish to an SWM system. Or as mikew says, use an older receiver that does not require SWM.
You cannot convert an 18" to swm as it only has two outputs not four and the standalone swm switches don't work without ka birds being input. Ie.. the swm8/16 only work on sl3 or sl5 lnbs.

Unless something has happened recently to change things an SWM8 or SWM16 works fine when connected to the two outputs of the 18in dish, of course you only get SD but it does work.

Got my hands on a free dish and ordered a SWM off amazon for $20 and got the guy ready to tailgate. Not the best solution because now he has a Hugh dish and has to plug another thing in. This is his STB that is normally in the garage. I'm hoping he does not show up till Monday so I can check out Sunday ticket this week :) lol

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts