HR34 vs. HR44

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A wired vs wireless question so does hr44 wireless mean u don't have to hardwire the internet to it? And if so if u wanted u could run wired line to it right? Thanks.

I am so close to dropping cable and going to Dtv but waiting now for hr44 to be available in Johnstown pa I'm 1.5 hours east of pgh.... I hope I can get this soon. 3 TVs only and I can hardwire the internet if needed to one of 2 TVs. Thanks

Yes, the HR44 can run wireless if you want.

oh and the new remote… I don’t see the 4 colored quick buttons… is there an easy/quick way to delete shows (I know the older remote you pressed I think anyways the blue button to delete a show?) and does the client boxes have the same remote or the older remote?

Just got a quick look at a DTV tv adv saying they get rid of all wires to your tvs. Adv shows before and after pic of a tv with lots of exposed wires attached and then wall mounted with no wires, with family celebrating the new look.

Quite a promise.

The adv didn't reference any hardware, or what allows all the wires to disappear, but I guess it is the HR44.

Just got a quick look at a DTV tv adv saying they get rid of all wires to your tvs. Adv shows before and after pic of a tv with lots of exposed wires attached and then wall mounted with no wires, with family celebrating the new look.

Quite a promise.

The adv didn't reference any hardware, or what allows all the wires to disappear, but I guess it is the HR44.

Yea hr44 with c41, however the full wireless client is sti l l testing, I'm not sure why its advertised nationally yet.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I talked to my distributor yesterday & at least for retailers it won't be available till may or the 1st part of June. He also said the c41 would be rolling out at the same time frame.

I now have the HR44 in an enclosed cabinet with only a few ventilation holes and there is no overheating issue at all. I have been running the HR44 for the past 2 weeks and it runs MUCH cooler than the HR34. I can't speak to the previous posters comments about power supply blah blah blah. But I can tell you in real world use, no heat issues with the 44.

I now have the HR44 in an enclosed cabinet with only a few ventilation holes and there is no overheating issue at all. I have been running the HR44 for the past 2 weeks and it runs MUCH cooler than the HR34. I can't speak to the previous posters comments about power supply blah blah blah. But I can tell you in real world use, no heat issues with the 44.

I would love to get a 44 for this exact reason, still trying to decide exactly how to go about doing this without purchasing it from a dealer, I already have a 34...

Newbie question

This has been great to read up on and I have been waiting for the HR44 but I am told that the HR44 is not available yet for my new house. They seem to be pushing the old 34 for now. Thats fine for me as I am still finishing my construction.

Question - I want to make sure I understand this. If I buy a new Samsung with the RVU installed, I do NOT need the c31 at the actual TV??? As I do not want to rely on wireless and have open walls that I can wire for, what would I run for wires from the HR44 to each TV? Thanks...

With a Samsung RVU TV, you don't need a client box. You still pay the monthly additional receiver fee though.

You should have four cables from the dish location to somewhere (indoors) where you can put an SWM16 multiswitch, because if your number of tuners goes above eight you will need an SWM16. Power at the SWM16 location would also be useful. Then one RG6 from the SWM16 location to each location where you might need DirecTV. And run an ethernet cable to each TV location also.

If you think you might need off-air signals run a second RG6 to each TV location. It will be expensive to do this later.

:welcome to Satelliteguys duhskier!

texasbrit explained it well except the part about lines in from the dish. If you will have no more than eight tuners, then you only need one line from the dish.

My point really was, you should allow for four lines in from the dish because even if you don't need it at the beginning (one line will do, as you say, for up to eight tuners) you might need more than eight some day, so set up your cabling so there are four lines from inside the house (where an SWM16 would go if you needed one) to where the grounding block will go (near the dish location), from there you only need run one line if less than eight tuners but you will have all the inside cabling necessary to run four.

Thanks everyone. I am trying to learn but get the most out of the fact my walls are open. I will run 4 RG6 from the dish to a main AV wall. Then run a RG6 and 2 CAT6 to each TV from the AV Wall.

RG6 for DIRECT TV from the 44 (will need another box for the extra two tvs I think as the 44 only allows 4 attached)
CAT6 for Apple TV from Hub or local wifi router
CAT6 for Sonos Playbar then out to RVU Enabled TV

I was also going to run another pair of CAT6 to each TV's for an HDMI connection - Not sure what for but for the future.

I just cant see EVER needing more than 8 TV's but just in case. I have set this up for 6 TV's... How I would ever get above 8 seems wild but who knows, I never would have thought I would have 6 TV's.

You need to be careful when developing this idea. there are limitations in the Genie client, including Samsung or Sony Tvs with RVU, that you need to think about.

First, a standard SWM dish supports eight tuners NOT eight TVs. A genie is five tuners, a regular DVR is two tuners, a receiver is one tuner, an RVU client (DirectV client or TV is zero tuners.

Second, each RVU client when it is watching live TV uses one tuner out of the five in the Genie. So if you had three RVU TVs active, you would be left with two tuners for your own recording/viewing. That might not be enough.

Third, because an RVU client is really a remote extension of the Genie, you can't limit its operation. so an RVU client can see the main Genie playlist, without being able to set any parental controls unique to that RVU client It can also set programs to record and can delete recordings. If you have kids, or maybe elderly parents living with you, you might not want this. The alternative is to put either DVRs or receivers into at least some of those rooms. So many people put a DVR in a kids room, so they can record and watch their own shows, don't use a Genie tuner, and with the right settings can't share your playlist or screw around with anything you have. Some people with elderly parents do the same, so they can't accidentally delete recordings you might want to watch.

If you are a new customer you get the best deals, and that's the time to do get this extra equipment. If you are an existing customer, and using the Movers Connection, again that's the best time to get deals. Doing the move and then realizing after a few weeks you really need a DVR or receiver is a very expensive situation.

Post back and give us some idea of the usage of each of the rooms where you plan to put DirecTv and we'll try to give you the best advice we can.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)