HR34 vs. HR44

Status
Please reply by conversation.
or question the other way...should you get the HR34 or wait for the HR44?

Unless you have an overriding need to get a genie now, I would wait. The HR44 is smaller, faster, runs cooler, nicer in every way....

For those that now have the HR44 that previously had a HR34, is there any difference in picture quality?

Are you claiming the c41 has the wireless enabled?

I got a whole house dvr system just installed yesterday. unfortunately, they installed a HR34 rather than the faster HR44. i just learned about the newer hr44 when i started researching the sluggish issues i'm having with my hr34.

you guys have any ideas of how i can get DTV to switch out my reciever for a hr44?

tia

I got a whole house dvr system just installed yesterday. unfortunately, they installed a HR34 rather than the faster HR44. i just learned about the newer hr44 when i started researching the sluggish issues i'm having with my hr34.

you guys have any ideas of how i can get DTV to switch out my reciever for a hr44?

tia
They won't switch them. But you should not have sluggish issues with the HR34, after the first three or four days when the DVR finishes loading all the extra data it needs. I have an HR34 and it's fine...

I am considering leaving D* over the HR34. It's just awful. Sunday Ticket is keeping me from leaving now, but if it's ever not exclusive to D*....

I, too, have tried to get them to switch it, but they claim it's the same speed. It's far from the same speed. The HR44 is a legitimate receiver. The HR34 rivals clunky, slow, buggy cable equipment.

I am considering leaving D* over the HR34. It's just awful. Sunday Ticket is keeping me from leaving now, but if it's ever not exclusive to D*....

I, too, have tried to get them to switch it, but they claim it's the same speed. It's far from the same speed. The HR44 is a legitimate receiver. The HR34 rivals clunky, slow, buggy cable equipment.

It's not the same speed as the HR44, but it is about the same as my HR24 which prior to the Genie was the fastest DVR. Certainly faster than the others.

All you'd have to do is go get a 44 from a dealer. Call DirecTV and tell them that the 34 won't power on and that you already have a replacement Genie.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)