HR34 vs. HR44

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
So, I just ordered an upgrade to a Genie. They, of course, wouldn't permit specifying an HR44. I would assume that it is more likely I will receive the HR44 vs. the HR34 at this point. But if they try to install an HR34, I wonder if I should refuse the installation. What happens?

So, I just ordered an upgrade to a Genie. They, of course, wouldn't permit specifying an HR44. I would assume that it is more likely I will receive the HR44 vs. the HR34 at this point. But if they try to install an HR34, I wonder if I should refuse the installation. What happens?

You can reschedule install. I've already postponed 3 times (including again today) because the 44 is still not released here in Columbus. If you won't accept the 34, save the installer some time by asking if he has one when he calls to advise that he's on the way. If he doesn't, just tell him you want to reschedule install to a later date. Dispatch will call you back to set a new date. Choose one that is less than 30 days out to keep your order active.

I just had a HR34 installed last week. It is faster than the HR24 and, knock on wood, runs great. I was wondering if I made a mistake getting the 34 instead of waiting for the 44, but I couldn't be happier. The H31 client works great as well.

You can reschedule install. I've already postponed 3 times (including again today) because the 44 is still not released here in Columbus. If you won't accept the 34, save the installer some time by asking if he has one when he calls to advise that he's on the way. If he doesn't, just tell him you want to reschedule install to a later date. Dispatch will call you back to set a new date. Choose one that is less than 30 days out to keep your order active.

Thank you for this. That's the guidance I was looking for. I will hope the installer actually calls to confirm on Wednesday and will confirm he/she has the HR44. I appreciate the help.

I did the exact same thing. Signed up end of July, was told on install day early august they only had 34--install guy was great, took my name and number and said every thursday they get their trucks refilled, cancelled and rescheduled. Did this a couple of times and he finally called last week. The funny thing is the installers claimed here in Northern Kentucky they have had the 44's for 3-4 months, but just recently started getting some 34's in. I guess they went through those pretty quick because now they are back to all 44's.

I got my new HR44 installed the other day. When the tech called, I asked him if he had 44s. He said that's all he carries; he refuses to carry the 34 on his truck any more. He also said that if he goes to service a client who has a 34, he just replaces it and assures them that they will have to do it eventually anyway, so he might as well do it while he's here. Hmmm. I'm not sure about all that, but I'm glad I got my 44. It's working great.

I got my new HR44 installed the other day. When the tech called, I asked him if he had 44s. He said that's all he carries; he refuses to carry the 34 on his truck any more. He also said that if he goes to service a client who has a 34, he just replaces it and assures them that they will have to do it eventually anyway, so he might as well do it while he's here. Hmmm. I'm not sure about all that, but I'm glad I got my 44. It's working great.

Congrats! Enjoy!

I did the exact same thing. Signed up end of July, was told on install day early august they only had 34--install guy was great, took my name and number and said every thursday they get their trucks refilled, cancelled and rescheduled. Did this a couple of times and he finally called last week. The funny thing is the installers claimed here in Northern Kentucky they have had the 44's for 3-4 months, but just recently started getting some 34's in. I guess they went through those pretty quick because now they are back to all 44's.

:welcome to Satelliteguys dmdcash!

Got my HR44 today. So far so good. Installer said they were released here in Columbus nearly 2 weeks ago. Apparently right after my last postponed install.

Direct's guide and remotes are still inferior to Dish, but I'll get used to it. HD PQ does look slightly better.

Installer was a little late and didn't call first, but did a good job. However he did leave the old dish (an old DTv receiver from the roof that he replaced) lying in the backyard. I think he just forgot about it.

Got my HR44 today. So far so good. Installer said they were released here in Columbus nearly 2 weeks ago. Apparently right after my last postponed install.

Direct's guide and remotes are still inferior to Dish, but I'll get used to it. HD PQ does look slightly better.

Installer was a little late and didn't call first, but did a good job. However he did leave the old dish (an old DTv receiver from the roof that he replaced) lying in the backyard. I think he just forgot about it.
The antenna is YOUR property. The tech had no authority to remove it from your home. That's policy.
As a tech, I never took anything from a customer's home.
I wish I had. The scrap metal yard near here pays 20 cents per pound. But alas, what is yours we cannot take.

The antenna is YOUR property. The tech had no authority to remove it from your home. That's policy.
As a tech, I never took anything from a customer's home.
I wish I had. The scrap metal yard near here pays 20 cents per pound. But alas, what is yours we cannot take.

Oh, ok. Thanks. Funny, a friend asked me the other day if I had any scrap metal. Didn't even cross my mind.

Oh, ok. Thanks. Funny, a friend asked me the other day if I had any scrap metal. Didn't even cross my mind.

The shop where I used to work just piles them up in the back. There is a guy that pays 10 cents a pound, picks them up and takes 'em to the scrap yard. Saves the owners of the shop the trouble of transportation.

How many folks are on the bubble and waiting for the HR44 as opposed to settling for a HR34? How many wish they had waited that now have the HR34?

What if they make a wireless HR54 with 6 tuners? Then will have the same discussion for HR44 vs HR54 :D
No, the HR34 is a piece of junk and the HR44 is a replacement with basically identical specifications. I had the HR34 for 2 months with endless problems and they were NOT unique to me, most of these problems were described here several times. The key when complaining to Directv is being able to clearly describe and reproduce these problems. My point is, to solve these problems they didn't replace the HR34 with another HR34 but gave me the HR44. For "low information" and low demand users, the HR34 is probably acceptable as is.

How many folks are on the bubble and waiting for the HR44 as opposed to settling for a HR34? How many wish they had waited that now have the HR34?

I have an HR34. And regret everyday that i didn't wait until I knew I would get the HR44.

i have the 34, and i don't see what the big deal is with the 44 is talking about! i don't regret anything about it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)