HR54 - 4K Genie FIRST LOOK

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Pics or it didn't happen.

I honestly wish there was a redesigned something or other (GUI, Receiver, etc..)... something completely new, different and advanced. Things are getting very boring.

Yeah I agree in that Direct has to do something with their GUI it looks so dated for sure they seem to be so behind on that plus add built in streaming support or something like the sling into their next genie.

So what are new installs getting today? HR 44 or 54? Are either capable to offer the 4K content? I've just signed up and I'm curious what I'll get. I'm also a little nervous about the install.

So what are new installs getting today? HR 44 or 54? Are either capable to offer the 4K content? I've just signed up and I'm curious what I'll get. I'm also a little nervous about the install.
44s for the most part and some 34s. 54s very limited release. Genies are not capable of doing 4K via HDMI. You will need a C61K. But no reason to rush unless you want to spend $15 to watch Forrest Gump on 4K!

Zero linear content on 4K right now and the near future

44s for the most part and some 34s. 54s very limited release. Genies are not capable of doing 4K via HDMI. You will need a C61K. But no reason to rush unless you want to spend $15 to watch Forrest Gump on 4K!

Zero linear content on 4K right now and the near future

Rodgers cable in Canada starting live 4K HDR sports channel in January.
Was hoping ESPN 4K would be not fat away.

:welcome to Satellitesguys Parlayed!

You need the C61K to get 4K. No Directv box outputs 4K yet, only the one client.

even though it has to use a client for display.

My point exactly. I'm well aware of what it does as well as what else the hr44 is capable of. I just meant that without either an rvu client or a 4k client this box is no different than an h44 w/hdd. In fact directv has been drop shipping these to cms with the h44 as opposed to external hdds since the stock on the hard drive kit is running low.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

My point exactly. I'm well aware of what it does as well as what else the hr44 is capable of. I just meant that without either an rvu client or a 4k client this box is no different than an h44 w/hdd...

Oh, so you know that the HR54 doesn't have the hardware for transponder bonding to allow linear 4k to a C61?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)