I have a real bad feeling about the new merger

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directv newb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
columbus, oh.
I don't know why, but I have a seriously bad feeling in my gut about the Directv/AT&T merger. I think there is going to be a slow or maybe quick decline in things at Directv. I think prices are going to take a hit, I think "getting deals" is going to take a hit, and I think their focus on developing new DVR technologies is going to go down hill quickly. I don't have any proof of this, I just feel it in my gut. I really love the ways things are at Directv and I would hate to see major changes.

I don't know why, but I have a seriously bad feeling in my gut about the Directv/AT&T merger. I think there is going to be a slow or maybe quick decline in things at Directv. I think prices are going to take a hit, I think "getting deals" is going to take a hit, and I think their focus on developing new DVR technologies is going to go down hill quickly. I don't have any proof of this, I just feel it in my gut. I really love the ways things are at Directv and I would hate to see major changes.
Maybe you're paying too much attention to the DSLReports.com forum -- while it's a great place for news, they tend to be overly anti-corporate on everything :)

I'd say give the thing a chance. While every merger always involves risk, DirecTV already had a number of items in their pipeline that I don't think AT&T would simply throw away.

Again, I'd recommend taking a wait-and-see approach. Clearly, if they begin sucking wind, we the market will respond in kind.

Disclosure: Long T

Reactions: Jimbo
Maybe you're paying too much attention to the DSLReports.com forum -- while it's a great place for news, they tend to be overly anti-corporate on everything :)

I'd say give the thing a chance. While every merger always involves risk, DirecTV already had a number of items in their pipeline that I don't think AT&T would simply throw away.

Again, I'd recommend taking a wait-and-see approach. Clearly, if they begin sucking wind, we the market will respond in kind.

Oh, I have no plans on leaving Directv any time soon, I still LOVE Directv more than any other service, I just HATE change :)

Reactions: BSparks294

Believe me, if there is any merger cost, the customer will paid about 150% of the bill.

Boy, THATS a pretty BIG LIMB your out on ....

If you have any account issues, PM me. I will get you to the right place to get them resolved. Lots of changes are coming! Much of it is for the better!

I could not, a pop up came up with a phone number. The wait was 42 minutes before a CS rep got to me. Then only 3 to get it done. Longest wait ever.
Thats not really all that long ... granted it's not a good thing, but many have waited longer.

Next time when you go online, try using the Chat they have set up on the website, I've heard good things so far about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts