I just ordered Dish Network! Do they also install an antenna?

memo90061

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 26, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Hello! I just ordered Dish Network at a new address. I'm excited! I haven't had Dish Network since around 2007 or 2008. I had the VIP 722 or 622. I can't remember. haha. I got the Hopper with Sling. Does it have an OTA module, or do I have to buy it? I like picking up locals via an OTA antenna. Will Dish Network provide an antenna or no? I think I remember reading a while back that they did, but maybe it's for areas that don't have local channels? I'm in Los Angeles, I don't pick up all the local channels with an indoor antenna though. :/

Anywho! I'm excited. I've been wanting to try out the Hopper since it came out.

The OTA dongle is extra cost. I don't think Dish will provide an OTA antenna. :(

If you have an attic, get a little Antennas Direct DB4e or Solid Signal HDB4X and stick it up there. Drop the OTA cable through the same top plate that the Dish installer used to run their cable. Should be good for 40 miles in the attic.

Try to take advantage of you know anyone with dish, get the federal, they save $50 over ten months, and you save $50 on first bill

If you already set up the order it may be. I don't know if they ever changed the system, so you can add the referal before the actual installation without closing the work order completely. I would recommend contacting a dirt member and ask if they can do it

If you went to a retailer you may have been able to get the Dish installed with an OTA module along with them selling you an antenna and installing it as well. We do. :biggrin

Reactions: JSheridan
Codes are not allowed to be posted by non pub members. Its one of the perks of being a pub member and supporting the site. :)
Oh ok. Thanks. I didn't know that. :D haha.

So many things I didn't know. haha. Schulman I contacted DIRT to see if I could still add the referral code, and gave him one of your codes if I could still use it since I already ordered it. I haven't heard back from DIRT though. It probably means it's too late to use. haha

Hello! I just ordered Dish Network at a new address. I'm excited! I haven't had Dish Network since around 2007 or 2008. I had the VIP 722 or 622. I can't remember. haha. I got the Hopper with Sling. Does it have an OTA module, or do I have to buy it? I like picking up locals via an OTA antenna. Will Dish Network provide an antenna or no? I think I remember reading a while back that they did, but maybe it's for areas that don't have local channels? I'm in Los Angeles, I don't pick up all the local channels with an indoor antenna though. :/

Anywho! I'm excited. I've been wanting to try out the Hopper since it came out.

why do you want to pick up locals via the antennae. I too am in Los Angeles and it was a pain to get all the channels perfectly. Lots of pixilation when a car drives by. I now pick up San Diego locals but that is a whole different story.

I prefer OTA quality over satellite, and subchannels. I don't know, I just like scanning the channels from time to time. What antenna do you have that you pick up San Diego locals? Can you take a picture? :O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts