I Lost My Distant Networks!

1) When did you lost your distant network?
2) What DMA do you reside in?
3) If you had CBS HD did you lose that as well
4) Have you called your senator at (202) 224-3121? (If you emailed you should also call more weight is placed on calls over email) :)

1) Just now. 11/30/06 1:00am right in the middle of Conan (First time w/o distant nets in a decade! Damn it! I have to sell my country cottage now and "move" back home!
2) Cincinnati
3) N/A
4) No. I talked to US Rep Steve Chabot face-to-face about the issue.

Damn, lost them tonight (11/29). I had an RV waiver, so thought I'd be okay, guess not. In Los Angeles area (where they are network owned, another reason I thought I'd be okay). I'm not really happy about it, but when I looked at my timers, it turns out the few shows I watch from the 'old school' networks, are mostly from the east feed, so I'm mostly just getting them early. Just means that an ABC show is now a choice between them and Simpsons so ABC loses. I think even if they do come back, I will not pay the difference any more. I only record a total of 4 shows from ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX. If something comes along I might be interested in, I'll just wait for the DVD of it, and get it from Netflix.
Congrats Big 4, now there is even LESS reason to care what you put on. I could care less about sports, so no loss there either.

Looks like everyone's getting the axe tonight, mine are gone as of 2:30 AM. This really sucks. I'll be calling executive office in the morning to see if Dish wants me to remain a customer or not, I'm not happy at all right now.

1. Gone when I got up
2. Topeka
3. n/a
4. no as my Sen was at the front of the bail-out.

I had actually "moved" back home to KC on Tuesday but they shut off my KC locals anyway. But after calling E* found out that my account did not show I had locals anymore. She says she turned them back on and I am now waiting to see.

Gone this morning...

1. 11/30
2. Raleigh/Durham
3. No, Still available.
4. Letter

I too had the RV Waiver. Used the Time Shifting from the west coast more when there were multiple, concurrent timers. Since most of my programming that we enjoy comes from CBS, if the HD channel stays from NY, I guess this helps, even in the RV since it is CONUS.

PLEASE ONLY REPLY TO THIS IF YOU LOST YOUR DISTANT NETWORKS.

If you are one of the folks who have lost their Distant Network services on Dish Network please reply to the following questions...

1) When did you lost your distant network?
2) What DMA do you reside in?
3) If you had CBS HD did you lose that as well
4) Have you called your senator at (202) 224-3121? (If you emailed you should also call more weight is placed on calls over email) :)

Thanks for helping us compile this information, again I ask that only folks who have lost their distant networks reply to this thread, in addition I ask that only answers to the above questions be in this thread. Non answers and regular chat will be removed from this thread so that we can better watch whats going on.

Thank you

12/1/06
Puerto Rico/VI
Gone!!!!:confused:
Already Did

I lost my distan networks today, my local area doesn't have abc, I'm boycotting local channels totally, as far as I'm concerned they don't exist.

Lost all SD distants today in Vermont.
Also lost CBS-HD.
Wrote all 3 congressmen at least 3 times. Looks like Leahy is trying something but unless they get to the root of the problem, nothing will change.

Lost Ch9 Manchester

My customers are reporting that they lost Ch 9 out of Manchester today in Grafton and Sullivan counties. Try explaining that a TV channel in their own state that they can pick up with rabbit ears is "Distant".
Dave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts