Intermittent problem, Dish support no help

DonLafferty

Original poster
Jan 13, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I have a non-Sling Hopper that has been acting up lately. I used the online chat and got absolutely no help. I need someone who is able to understand a problem that is intermittent.

Quite often when I change channels I get a notice that the HD channel cannot be received so it will tune to the SD one. Then a few seconds later it puts up the general error message about not being able to see the satellite and all the things I'm supposed to try.

I run a Diagnostic and it shows a red bar under the 129 sat but green under 110 and 119. It also tells me there were errors where it lost signal at various times over the previous hours.

When I reset the receiver it always seems to be able to tune to the problem channels again.

I have 2 other Hoppers and they both are fine with 3 green bars in the diagnostic plus they never give me the error like this one.

The online person said I had to wait until it happened again and then contact them so I could read the error number to them. I understand they need that so they can check their book but it's quite clear to me that I have a problem that is possibly the Hopper itself.

Hopefully someone here has an idea or there's a Dish rep that can help me without me needing a "error number".

Btw I am an Electronics Engineer so I understand most of the technical aspect of this.

I actually swapped locations of this receiver and another one a few weeks ago to get the Sling one in my bedroom (and Netflix) and it seemed to get worse after the swap. I was getting problems on this receiver before but the frequency went up a lot after the swap.

What does that suggest?

Sounds like a problem receiver. I would PM a DIRT rep here on the site. There are none on at the moment, but they are listed in red under helpers on the main page when they're here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts