International Channels future?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jvfan57

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2015
WA
Been a while since I last was here, tried to search for the thread about a Reverse Band LNB incorporating 4K & the International Channels.

Has there been any progress? And is all I need a C61 client along with my HR 54 to view current 4K programming?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For now the c61 client will get you 4k, but you will need a reverse band lnb in the future when the channel selection expands.

Been a while since I last was here, tried to search for the thread about a Reverse Band LNB incorporating 4K & the International Channels.

Has there been any progress?

Yes, a new 6 output Reverse Band legacy LNB has been developed and was revealed at the just past March DIRECTV Revolution Conference.

It will be paired with the just released DSWM-30S multiswitch with the 95W dish to be diplexed in to the 5th coax line for residential installs.

See these threads for details

https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/index.php?threads/368460/

https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/index.php?threads/368385/

Don't know of a specific release date for the field techs. to begin installing these.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

So will I be able to use this new reverse band legacy lnb and use it with my existing SWM8 along with my HR54 Genie. I will also need a C61K mini client for 4K, right?

So will I be able to use this new reverse band legacy lnb and use it with my existing SWM8 along with my HR54 Genie. I will also need a C61K mini client for 4K, right?

Somewhat, but you will have to changeout the SWiM-8 multiswitch for the new DSWM-30 switch to receive the Reverse Band from the new SL5 RB legacy LNB

Reactions: Tecnicoloco
Can someone do a schematic diagram as to where the 6 outputs on the new legacy reverse band lnb connect to on the DSWM-30 multiswitch. Thank you.

Can someone do a schematic diagram as to where the 6 outputs on the new legacy reverse band lnb connect to on the DSWM-30 multiswitch. Thank you.

Very few have actually worked with them ... good luck unless its downloaded on the internet somewhere.

If I can get to a PC with a drawing program, I will later ...

But for now, since you currently have a SWiM-8 module which happens to look alot like the new DSWM-30.

Just imagine your SWiM-8 is a DSWM-30. The current 4 lines from the dish connect to 4 input ports located in the same position on the -30. And then two additional lines for the Reverse Band connect to two inputs on the -30 located in the same position (but not the same name) as flexports 1&2 are on the SWiM-8.

The difference here is though, that instead of connecting the 95W dish line directly to where flexport 1 is on the SWiM-8. The line will connect to a new diplexer (model # WD-DIPLEXER-09) placed in the 5th line from the SL5RB LNB which connects to a port on the -30 in the same position as flexport 1 is on the SWiM-8.

At the dish the current 4 lines run through the LNB support arm as normal.

However, the two new lines for the RB must run along the outside of the support arm and secured to it with either zip ties. Or new cable clamps DIRECTV will provide.

Still no word on when this equipment will be available. I have a work order on hold right now because the HSP in Tucson has no idea on how to install it, let alone what equipment is needed, or order-able. I had it notated on the work order but the tech I talked to doesn't have it in stock and has no clue when they will get it in, but was pretty knowledgeable.

I'm actually trying to kill two birds with one stone and upgrade to the H17 as well, so I can get the HR54 out of the room it's in now.

Still no word on when this equipment will be available. I have a work order on hold right now because the HSP in Tucson has no idea on how to install it, let alone what equipment is needed, or order-able. I had it notated on the work order but the tech I talked to doesn't have it in stock and has no clue when they will get it in, but was pretty knowledgeable.

I'm actually trying to kill two birds with one stone and upgrade to the H17 as well, so I can get the HR54 out of the room it's in now.

I would wire it for 6 cables with a regular LNB and a Dswm30.

Then go switch it to the reverse band when available.

There is no 4k on reverse band right now anyways

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)