International Price Changes Coming 11/11/10

Bob Haller said:
Hey the THIRD price increase this year for Dish........
Increase?? If I read it correctly it's a price decrease on many of the Mega packs. At least that's what I am hoping for.

Iceberg said:
you need a different dish & LNB. 118 uses KU band circular polarity (11.7-12.2)...DBS is 12.2-12.75

Since you are on EA they add a D500+ and plug the 118.7 output to the EA dish (or switch if you have one)
They are asking $15 for the install and $100 for the 500+
Does that sound about right?

Hemi 6.1 said:
So they drop everything $5, and then add a $10 fee.

LOL!

According to Scott (above), the access fee is not charged if you have a core package. Or am I missing something?

So , In otherwords, you must spend an addtional $30 Plus dollars on a core package to avoid a $10 Fee?

That sounds like an increase to me!

no Hemi....the worst case scenario is you take locals for 9.99 + the Int'l package. Basically Dish is saying for folks who take NOTHING besides Int'l instead of a $6 BS fee its now $10

Maybe customer will see an increase within 3 months after the new cheap price. Maybe, even even more than the current old price

Would it be correct to state that Eurochannel is now the single most expensive channel on Dish Network?

Not really. There are some $19.99 a la carte channels on Dish right now. Like SET MAX in Hindi or NTV America in Russian.

TV Japan is the most expensive, rip-off international station in America targeting Japanese viewers from Japan.

They only carry the lowest lowest tv rating station programming from Japan when the other bigger TV station won't allow any U.S. TV station to carry their programming to earn subscription money (except Hawaii NGN). They only value the expensive sales on DVD and video rental market that still maintain strong in U.S. when viewers cannot purchase better programming and not offer on TV.

Globo TV International, a Brazilian International channel, is also 19.99 - by the way, same price on all providers - Dish, Directv, Comcast, Verizon, Cablevision....

sbsi said:
Dish should just remove those single alacarte channels . $20 is a rip off unless that is the only station offer in that particular language/country market.

$20 for a single channel is definitely a rip off. But those overpriced channels often represent the least expensive option in a given language. With international channels your options usually are: get a single channel for $20 or so, or pay more and get a Mega pack or something. Mega packs are usually much better deals, if you can afford them.