Internet access ramblings...

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
On the 11th of Sept, my Frontier DSL just died. I didn't consider that a big deal as stuff happens. Called Frontier and after assuring me I was one of their best customers, the tech support said earliest they could get to me would be the 19th of September.

My immediate answer was if that is as soon as you can get here, don't bother coming because I'll be on a different service. So they expedited it, which turned out to mean they could get here by the 17th.

So I cancelled them on the spot, called Mediacom and they can't get here until the 22nd. :(

In the meantime, I shifted my VZW account to a shared data setup w/2Gb of data and have been using my phone as a hot spot. I've learned that without photos, video and music, that is not bad. Frankly it works well enough that if there was a way to get about 100Gb of data from them for a reasonable price I would get their home router and be done with wired service.

But I likes me some Netflix and other video sources and data from VZW is horrendously high. :(

Mediacom is doing 50/5 for $45/month 1st year, $55/month second year and arm wrestle over rate after that. Pretty darned good for the boondocks!!

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Just heard the newest Window update is cuasing people to BSOD

Reading satellite receivers inquiry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)