Intuitive Hopper?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dtgoodtonid

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Lexington KY
I haven't seen this mentioned. Whatever time I turn either one of my Hoppers on, it comes on tuned to the channel I usually watch at that time, regardless of the channel the Hopper was on when it was turned off.

I could post many different examples. It just happened with the Reds broadcast on 412-17. It happens every weekday morning when it comes on tuned to ABC World News Now, regardless of what was being watched when it was turned off.

My other Hopper will come on tuned to the local PBS station, our grandson watches before school.

I have been coming to this site for quite a while. Did I miss a thread about this or is it just not noteworthy?

Thanks

This a feature added in the last release. Some folks like it some don't. It's a bit buggy at times. It's been discussed in another thread.

I didn't know this was a feature but it annoys me at times. My hopper thinks I like to watch the NHL alternative channel or CNN 99% of the time when I would rather just turn my hopper on to the last channel that I watched HBO or SYFY.

I believe Dish has been getting the feedback on this and hopefully will be tweaking the way this functions in the near future. Drives me nuts, too.

If you don't like it tell Dish what you think about it and if you do like it then don't say a word. :biggrin

I like it but I agree that it needs to have some serious work done on it. My 3 year olds TV is always going to tune to Disney Jr, I swear... Haha.

Mine has the Scott bug. Whenever we turn it on, some sort of WWE stuff is on. And that channel isn't even in any of our favorites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)