Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
QPH 031 Combined Circular and Linear LNBF Test Results

(Please note that this review is being conducted by an Invacom Distributor. Units are currently available for dealer testing and will be available in mid May for resale. Satelliteguys.us gets exclusive scoop on this first review!)

A single LNBF is now able to simultaneously receive both circular and linear polarity satellite signals. The performance on each polarity type is outstanding. Invacom has managed to improve their champion performance linear FSS LNBF and combine it with a circular DBS / DSS LNBF that outperforms any circular LNBF that we have ever tested. Both the circular and linear polarities are rated 0 .3dB NR / 55 dB gain typical, featuring suppressed harmonics and less than 1 MHz drift.

The LO (Local Oscillation) frequency for the circular outputs is 11250 and 10750 for linears. Standard 13 /18 volt switching controls the two circular RHP/LHP outputs and the two linear outputs are V/H switched. Linear input frequency range is 11.7 - 12.2GHz, circular 12.2 - 12.7GHz.

The real world test consisted of a Fortec Lifetime Ultra, Dish Network Model 508 PVR, GEOSATpro 90CM (36”) dish, GS120 USALS compatible motor, GS 2x1 DiSEqC switch, SW21 switch, Dish Network legacy single output LNBF and the QPH 031 CP/LP LNBF.

To start the test we mounted a legacy type Dish Network LNBF on the 90CM dish as a bench mark. A spot beam on Echostar 7 at 119W was peaked at 40% level on the Dish Network receiver. The Invacom QPH 031 LNBF was then mounted, boosting the previously marginal signal to over 60% level.

Next we connected the Ultra and mounted a Fortec FSKUv 0.4 dB NR universal LNBF on the dish and peaked the quality on a weak AMC4 transponder to 52%. When the QPH 031 was substituted and the quality climbed to 68%.

While the Fortec Lifetime Ultra was viewing programming on AMC4 a DirecTV RCA DRD450 receiver was connected to the QPH 031. One fixed dish with one LNBF and we were now watching DirecTV programming and AMC4 at the same time. Transponder changes on either receiver produced no lower signal or quality readings on the other receiver. This indicates excellent isolation on the outputs, which minimizes loss of signal quality with multiple receiver installations.

Next, one each of the linear and circular polarity outputs were connected to the 2x1 DiSEqC switch. The switch output was then looped through the DiSEqC compatible horizon to horizon dish motor and connected to the Fortec Lifetime Ultra. All of the linear polarity satellites had been previously activated on the Ultra, so to add circular polarity, the satellites were made active and the DiSEqC was simply set to the correct input for the circular output of the LNBF. Two minutes later the motor was zipping from satellite to satellite and seamlessly switching between the linear and circular signals. Stopping on Echostar 7 at 119W, we performed a FTA scan and were watching NASA TV and Angel One within minutes. Moments later, we were surfing through the ethnic and religious channels on IA5 ( Telstar 5 ).

Using the traditional method of mounting a linear and circular LNBF side by side produces signal loss to the LNBF mounted offset from the factory LNBF clamp. It often takes a bit of time to mount the second LNBF, determine the number of degrees that the second LNBF is offset then entering that offset for each satellite location. Multi-satellite installations will now be much easier for the novice or for self installation.

In conclusion, this is the most fun that I have had testing satellite gear in a long time!

Hi,

I saw that this LNB have four connectors, do each of them is for each output on for the Circular Left signal, one for the Circular Right signal, on for the Linear Horizontal signal, and one for the Linear Vertical signal, or it it a DUAL LNB so two for the Circular Left / Right signals and two for the Horizontal / Vertical signals?

thanks

Regis

BTW They should be distributed in Canada around End of June.

regis
there are 2 outputs per type

2 for linear
2 for circular
so you could hook 2 FTA receivers and 2 Dish receivers (as an example) without issue.

You could add a multisiwtch to it and get more than 2 outputs

I'm still learning and have a question about this product. Would this be a benefit with an analog receiver(TOSHIBA TRX-1520) slaved to a coolsat pro? Or should I just get the standard invacom that everyone raves about. I have slowly been putting together a system, but still need a lnb. It's my final piece and I just wanted to know if it's worth the wait and added expense.
Thanks!

scupmando said:
I'm still learning and have a question about this product. Would this be a benefit with an analog receiver(TOSHIBA TRX-1520) slaved to a coolsat pro? Or should I just get the standard invacom that everyone raves about. I have slowly been putting together a system, but still need a lnb. It's my final piece and I just wanted to know if it's worth the wait and added expense.
Thanks!
It's a little easier and cleaner than two LNBs on your dish but once you get 2 LNBs setup you wouldn't really notice the difference.

That being said, It would be nice to have it all in one LNB.

This LNB is nice for FTA since you'll be able to just USALS over to the E* / Bev sats vs pointing a #2 DBS LNB via DiSEqC like I do now. Once you have either setup you won't really notice a difference operating the reciever.

This LNB doesn't benefit your analog reciever any more than the Std Invacom LNB does.

Invacom QPH 031

Presently I have a Directv hook-up (fixed dish)and consider an upgrade with the new QPH 031 in order to get FTA channels.
I am located in Panama, Central America N 8º 45 --W 82ª 25 and would like to know , from my location, what kind of FTA channels I can receive and what would be the best receiver from my area.
Thank you for your insights.
:confused:

I have a T90 dish. Am I correct to assume that this will not work for CP since the T90 requires a LNBF that receives reverse CP. Thanks

sawadee, welcome to Satelliteguys :)

If you reverse the polarity on the transponder in your receiver setup it'll work.
A blind scan will also work but it'll pick up the transponders on reverse polarity.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)