Investing in Super Soaker technology

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
After last weekend's heavy, wet, cling-to-the-dish snow, it's time to invest in some heavy ammo. I'm prepared to drop at LEAST a full $10 on some state of the art water cannon technology, but there are so many models to choose from. You can't put a price on peace of mind, after all, especially with bowl season approaching.

Any recommendations?

:)

After last weekend's heavy, wet, cling-to-the-dish snow, it's time to invest in some heavy ammo. I'm prepared to drop at LEAST a full $10 on some state of the art water cannon technology, but there are so many models to choose from. You can't put a price on peace of mind, after all, especially with bowl season approaching.

Any recommendations?

:)
Chances are you won't have another WET Snow before the Bowl season is over !
Particularly if you go out and buy one, so GO AHEAD and get one .....
I am in that same path ... I typically get the same weather as Indy later in the day or the next day.

Actually, if you have a storage HWH, connect a hose to the drain and put a nozzle on the other end.

You can probably reach the roof on a two story house. Problem solved, no lack of ammo.

Am I the only one who laughed as he read the OP? I hope not. It was funny. :)

Keep in mind Bowl season is a time "when minutes count". If one is not armed appropriately then he might have to wait until the thaw. Out here in Hawaii, it can be Kona Storms knocking out the power. Usually it is not the rain that accompanies the storm but the loss of power, So I am armed with a Honda generator. Not as sexy as a super soaker, but effective.

Keep in mind Bowl season is a time "when minutes count". If one is not armed appropriately then he might have to wait until the thaw. Out here in Hawaii, it can be Kona Storms knocking out the power. Usually it is not the rain that accompanies the storm but the loss of power, So I am armed with a Honda generator. Not as sexy as a super soaker, but effective.
That does the job and covers more than just the TV I would imagine.

Go all out, full protection for your dish, I'm sure they would offer financing too.
Some diligence and you can maintain line of sight while preventing most weather.

double-carport-ng-sh-d-tb-web.jpg

I was thinking about a DJI Phantom drone to fly up to examine and blow off the snow.

Reactions: KE4EST
Be sure and register that drone with the FAA. What is it, 32 pages? And list all potential uses? And every living, or possibly living, relative to the nth degree?

I dont understand your question....
Jeff in Indy asked, don't you need power to run the dish heater, I said yes, you said no.
Then you said they run an extension cord for power, which is what I basically said in my first post stating that power was needed.

We were just giving him conflicting info is all.
But I think in the end were saying the same thing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)