IOS 8 Discussion

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
Like it so far. Noticed my brightness bar under settings doesn't work. Although it works from the control center. Also having issues with my email downloading pics.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

When you delete a photo from an album , it will also delete it from Photo Stream.

Last edited:
I really hope that 32GB is standard on iPhone 6. I need at least that much to fit really any reasonable amount of music on my iPhone after apps, pictures, videos, and podcasts are installed. I always have to pay extra for the 32GB model and $100 to add 16GB to the base model just feels wrong.

I wish they would just add microSD support so I could add 64GB or maybe 128GB at a reasonable price because even with 32GB I can't even come close to fitting half my iTunes library on the phone but $300 is about the max I am willing to pay for a subsidized phone. Apple seems very opposed to allowing us to buy our own standard storage so it would be nice if they would at least bump up the internal storage.

I miss my old 80GB iPod that could fit everything I owned on my device instead of manually picking and choosing what's on there at any given time. I would rather have everything on one device but I may just pick up one of the 160GB iPod Classics for permanent use in my car's entertainment system.

If you are an iTunes Radio user, when skipping a song, you now get shown how many skips you have left.

What is the skip limit?

I really hope that 32GB is standard on iPhone 6. I need at least that much to fit really any reasonable amount of music on my iPhone after apps, pictures, videos, and podcasts are installed. I always have to pay extra for the 32GB model and $100 to add 16GB to the base model just feels wrong.

I wish they would just add microSD support so I could add 64GB or maybe 128GB at a reasonable price because even with 32GB I can't even come close to fitting half my iTunes library on the phone but $300 is about the max I am willing to pay for a subsidized phone. Apple seems very opposed to allowing us to buy our own standard storage so it would be nice if they would at least bump up the internal storage.

I miss my old 80GB iPod that could fit everything I owned on my device instead of manually picking and choosing what's on there at any given time. I would rather have everything on one device but I may just pick up one of the 160GB iPod Classics for permanent use in my car's entertainment system.

I think one of the main reasons why Apple won't do it is because they know everyone would buy the 16GB model and just buy a bigger MicroSD card and then there 32 and 64 gig models wouldn't sell as well if at all. I'm hoping Apple doesn't pull a stupid card and charge a 100.00 more for their rumored 4.7 inch when Sammy would be 100 less. Then it will just make me want to upgrade less often. Who knows Tim Cook might throw us a curve and microSD may be a shocking surprise when the iPhone 6 is announced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like I have skipped a more than 5 per hour. I searched and there seems to be conflicting info if iTunes Match lets you do unlimited skipping in addition to no commercials.

Just checked and it's 7, and I do have iTunes Match.

Last edited:
A few new email and notification options from the lock screen, and notification drop down.
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1402314576.706879.jpg

New feature in IOS 8? Anti wifi tracking http://qz.com/218437/a-tiny-technical-change-in-ios-8-could-stop-marketers-spying-on-you/

Essentially it appears that when doing the automatic wifi scanning, iOS 8 will randomize the MAC address of the wifi in the phone to keep base stations from tracking you. It is a cool feature and will surely mess up all the new tracking.

At the core of such tracking is the MAC address, a unique identification number tied to each device. Devices looking for a Wi-Fi network send out their MAC address to identify themselves. Wireless routers receive the signals—and addresses—even if a connection is never made. Companies like Euclid or its peer Turnstyle Solutions use the data to track footfall in stores, how people move about in shops, how long they linger in certain sections, and how often they return. Store-owners use the information to target shoppers with offers (paywall) or to move high-value items to highly-trafficked parts of the shop, among other things.

No just an adventurous user, the mail problem seems to be okay now. I have the IOS8 zip on the Imac and want to put IOS8 on the Ipad air

I cannot get the App Store to load. I have tried resetting settings and nothing. It did work yesterday. Any tips?

No just an adventurous user, the mail problem seems to be okay now. I have the IOS8 zip on the Imac and want to put IOS8 on the Ipad air

The device has to be registered with a valid Dev account through Apple. If not, the update will not validate. If there is a way around it I don't know what it is.

I cannot get the App Store to load. I have tried resetting settings and nothing. It did work yesterday. Any tips?

Mine has done that a bunch. I just force close the app, and reopen. Repeat that until it loads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)