IR Control of Hopper/Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PATECO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I have several of my best Dish Customers clamoring to be upgraded to Hopper and Joey. However most of them are using some type of high end universal remote. (Crestron, AMX, Niles, etc) Before I start scheduling these upgrades, I need to confirm that both Hopper and Joey Units are IR controllable. Any information that any of you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yes just go into the Remote Settings and turn ON IR support. Click Save and your done and now have IR support. :)

The 922 has a problem with the colored buttons. Red and green work but the yellow and blue do not. Apparently, the IR mapping for these buttons is not the same as for the Dish RF remote that goes with the receiver. It's not the end of the world since you can use the Red buttons to jump to the first menu then cursor over to the menu you want but it's slower than having 4 buttons, one for each color.

Any indication that Hopper/Joey have fixed this?

Yes just go into the Remote Settings and turn ON IR support. Click Save and your done and now have IR support. :)

I know I am being dense, but can you confirm this is for Joey's too? I had to miss last weeks hands on training fom DOW, and I sent my wife instead. She got the important info, but didn't think to check on this.
Customer wants a 2 hopper 4 joey upgrade Thursday. Switching from multiple 722's in single mode.

The 922 has a problem with the colored buttons. Red and green work but the yellow and blue do not. Apparently, the IR mapping for these buttons is not the same as for the Dish RF remote that goes with the receiver. It's not the end of the world since you can use the Red buttons to jump to the first menu then cursor over to the menu you want but it's slower than having 4 buttons, one for each color.

Any indication that Hopper/Joey have fixed this?

This has apparently been fixed for Hopper/Joey:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/279987-ir-codes-hopper-remote.html#post2810079

My Harmony programmed for 722 worked without doing anything, although I think I'll remap some buttons.

And as a side note my Harmony, works MUCH better with the Hopper than the 722 ever did. I seems that the IR is much more sensitive.

I have a Logitech 880 IR Remote which has no colored buttons. I set the remote up as a 922 and added the colored buttons to the LCD and all is working fine. After I set up the 880 I used it to program the Keyboard on my REVUE GTV box and it seems to be working with full integration just like my old 722K. I did have to add the Hopper to the GTV box manually since it didn't recognize the Hooper as a 722k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)