Is 18.99 (KYIN?) an analog station?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Okay, so there's a new station that scanned in on my television a few months ago. It's an audio-only station with the channel number 18.99. I did some research online about it, and although I don't know how accurate it is, I read that it's a KYIN station from Johnston, Iowa. But what I'm wondering is, is that is this an analog station? It can scan in directly to my TV, but won't scan into my TiVo Roamio, and I've also called both TiVo and Tribune Media to get it added to my line-up's database and see if it comes in that way. Now I know the TiVo Roamio doesn't do analog channels, so is 18.99 an analog channel?

No, by definition any channel with .xx is an ATSC subchannel.

The problem is not that the Roamio can't scan it, it is that the guide service doesn't recognize it and doesn't add the channel to the guide.

nope its digital as noted above.

It can scan in directly to my TV, but won't scan into my TiVo Roamio
Have you tried to manually enter it? Just enter 18.99 and see what happens. I know I've had to do that previously. Since it is an audio only channel you cant do any trick play with it (back it up, forward etc) so unless you really want to record it just leave it on the TV

I don't think it's intended for consumption by the general public or else it would have PSIP and probably a number much lower than 99.

- Trip

Reactions: Mr Tony
Since the RF station # is 18 if that doesnt work try the PSIP # manual entry of 24.99
(Haven't really responded to this thread in a while.) I tried both 18-99 and 24-99 and it still doesn't come in, and like I previously stated scanning doesn't work. I suppose you don't know why it won't come in, do you? I'm curious.

Trip had the best response above

I don't think it's intended for consumption by the general public or else it would have PSIP and probably a number much lower than 99.

If you manually try 18-99 or 24-99 and see what happens. Type in 18-99 then enter and see if it logs. If that doesnt work try 24-99.

But since there technically is no PSIP number it may not work. Same thing that happens in Minneapolis. For some (odd) reason there is a duplicate of the Minnesota channel that will log ON SOME TV's as 23-7 (the legit number is 2-2). When I lived in Minneapolis my AOC TV will log it (because it seems to try and log anything) but my Panny plasma ignores it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)