Is Bluetooth working on the Joeys yet?

None of the Joey line have the necessary Bluetooth chipset built in to support Bluetooth audio, however good news is soon you will be able to purchase a USB adapter which plugs into your Joey's which will give them the Bluetooth feature.

Fyi there is already 3rd party Bluetooth adapters on the market that plug into the audio ports on any device.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Fyi there is already 3rd party Bluetooth adapters on the market that plug into the audio ports on any device.

I've been looking at those, and all the cheap ones are battery powered. :( The cheapest wall-powered device I have been able to find is a Sony discontinued unit for over $50. Do you have any recommendations?

Have been using one for about a month now. bought on Amazon $25 it charges off tvs usb. also plugs in to tvs audio out jack. so far so good.

Forgot I participated in this thread. I didn't buy the Sony because of cost and crappy reviews. Apparently it's range is abysmal. I eventually went with the Miccus Home RTX which (1) plugs into the wall or USB jack and (2) has fantastic range. My wife can roam all over our house, including on the main level, and still hear the TV (612 receiver) in our bedroom.

could you please let me know when the bluetooth adapter comes a available i sure appreciate it very much

Thanks

Allen bluegras

None of the Joey line have the necessary Bluetooth chipset built in to support Bluetooth audio, however good news is soon you will be able to purchase a USB adapter which plugs into your Joey's which will give them the Bluetooth feature.
The bluetooth adapter for the joey has been released its $15 they have been shipped to most offices and technicians will have them on there van's you can call dish directly and have one shipped to you directly

Reactions: TheKrell
So I just called Dish to order the bluetooth adapter for the joey, they said that they can't send it to me. That they have to send a tech and scheduled and install for me.
Seems silly to roll a truck to plug in a USB adapter. They said they are waving the $95 tech fee, because I'm such a good and longtime customer. So just the $15.00.
No way would I pay $95.00 if they hadn't offered to wave it.
I'll get it faster this way. The are coming tomorrow between 12:00 and 5:00. I'll report on how well it works after I try it out.

A most excellent option is to wait for the 4k Joey and get one of those! Aside from 4K ability, you'll get Bluetooth and PIP!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts