Is Comcast worth switching to ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
While that's true if you don't have a Double or Triple-Play package, once you add TV or phone service, there WILL be regulatory fees (franchise fees, 911 fees, etc.) in addition to the broad palette of fees for stuff like local channels, RSNs and all of the stuff that they used to throw in.

Comcast charges for CableCARDs for the TiVos don't they?

Only after the first cable card they charge.

You get a $2.50 credit if there is 1 cable card in the account.

Your going to have atleast $8-$12 in fees

I really likes Comcast for the short time I used their TV service.

My package was 100Mbps internet plus the most basic TV package. Here's the catch, though: I signed up for the SD package and got an HDHomerun. I used the SD box to make sure things were active, then I set up the HDHomerun through Windows Media Center. Even though I was paying for the lowest-tier package, I was subscribed to ALL the HD equivalents of the channels I received (if they existed). The HDHomerun also scanned in all the music channels, plus a couple extra channels I wasn't supposed to receive. The only issue was that HBO didn't work right away, so I had to call a special Comcast number for setting up a device with a CableCard. The person on the other end of the line was actually knowledgeable and helpful. Once everything was set up, I never had any issues with their tv or internet.

I didn't have OnDemand through the HDHomerun, but I avoided the HD technology fee, HD receiver rental, and DVR fee (because of course the HD receiver had a DVR in it). I also owned my own modem, saving another rental fee.

If you have a smart TV or a PC you can connect to the TV, I'd recommend it.

Reactions: andy_horton
I get about a flyer or some type of advertisement from them weekly . Mainly pushing their triple play. Does anyone still have a landline anymore? I got rid of mine because I got constant sales calls all day.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I got rid of mine because I got constant sales calls all day.
The Do Not Call Registry was a big help.

Now that wireless numbers are no longer off-limits, I'm not sure that's a valid argument any more.

I got rid of my land line because Qworst couldn't (wouldn't) maintain it and the fees were costing more than the service.

Trust that the price will go up unless you're under some sort of contract. The price will be much greater than $129/month once you are out of your contract period.

Around here the price for the Preferred Double Play starts at $140 and then they add a staggering amount of fees on top. I'm not sure whether Comcast or DIRECTV is worse about tacking on fees.
I had a "double play" for 79.99 for 2 years.Near the end of 2nd year my monthly bill is 142.58.Can't argue with them-they are always right.Now I have a month to month triple play on a 99.00 plus sports package.We will see.No complaints with pic other than Fox channels-all blurry,always have been.

As far as fees, get a TIVO and your own modem and pay NO fees.
Slight correction, get a Tivo and you will pay for the cablecard and outlet fee with a slight discount. And you will pay Tivo a fee for their services. Monthly it is about $15, annually works out to about $12.50/month and you can get "all in" which is lifetime of the box for $530(?).

I really likes Comcast for the short time I used their TV service.

My package was 100Mbps internet plus the most basic TV package. Here's the catch, though: I signed up for the SD package and got an HDHomerun. I used the SD box to make sure things were active, then I set up the HDHomerun through Windows Media Center. Even though I was paying for the lowest-tier package, I was subscribed to ALL the HD equivalents of the channels I received (if they existed). The HDHomerun also scanned in all the music channels, plus a couple extra channels I wasn't supposed to receive. The only issue was that HBO didn't work right away, so I had to call a special Comcast number for setting up a device with a CableCard. The person on the other end of the line was actually knowledgeable and helpful. Once everything was set up, I never had any issues with their tv or internet.

I didn't have OnDemand through the HDHomerun, but I avoided the HD technology fee, HD receiver rental, and DVR fee (because of course the HD receiver had a DVR in it). I also owned my own modem, saving another rental fee.

If you have a smart TV or a PC you can connect to the TV, I'd recommend it.
I am on a promo for 1 yr. Locals, my choice of HBO or Showtime, 25mbps down, music choice included for 39.99 per month before fees & taxes. 1 yr agreement so not too bad. They gave me an X1 non DVR, which the remote works anywhere in the house. But, HD isn't included. HOWEVER, using their Xfinity Stream using my laptop via HDMI into tv gives me the channels in HD. I chose Showtime, & some of the Showtime channels aren't carried in the regular lineup. I can use the "TV GO" section, and get 3 more Showtime channels not available in the regular lineup

Does this feature count against your broadband consumption?
Only the "TV GO" channels. Not the channels in the regular "Xfinity Stream" lineup. TV GO channels are shaded in grey, and as it's accessing those channels it will give you a message that it's counting that data. But if I just take my laptop to my bedroom and stream within the regular lineup thru Wi-Fi, that portion doesn't count. The TV GO channels are towards the bottom of the lineup. Also found channels not broadcast in HD in the regular lineup are in HD in the TV GO channels. Hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)