Is Dish Spying on me?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Speaking of the Do Not Call Registry, it is about time for all of us that signed early to renew it.

"People can register their home and cell phone numbers or file complaints at www.donotcall.gov or by calling 1-888-382-1222.

The registry prohibits telemarketers from calling phone numbers on the list. Companies face fines of up to $11,000 for each violation.

Organizations engaged in charitable, political or survey work are exempt. Companies that have an established business relationship with a customer also may call for up to 18 months after the last purchase, payment or delivery."

As we've all learned, "survey work" can be expanded to cover almost anything. sigh.

I'm sure your signed agreement with Dish includes a consent to "monitoring" and other similar language. They provide a service and you agree to allow the service provider to determine the best way to provide the service you want. Apparently, this has helped them determine that you want to watch fishing and not Voom channels. (There, now another thread has been co'opted by Voomers. :D )

As an aside, everyone who leaves their DVR or receiver on and just turns off their tv has led these agencies to believe that we all want to watch Ricki Lake and other garbage...

:)

This happens all the time

Digital cable services do it to.
The small dish satellite companies do it. They actually can attach an ID on the info.
They can use your IP address or caller ID (dial up applications).

They can then know what you watch and when, they then know the hottest time slots to sell to the commercial owners for the highest bid.

From the paranoid point of view:

Information is power. That has been proven over and over. Why do you think every major corporation wants you to pay your bills, shop, and communicate online? Use your brain here........It obviously generates $$$$$$ somewhere.

Look at the GPS in your cellphone. Pretty soon when you get close to a shopping mall or store...You will have instant redeemable coupons pop up on your phone. Authorities are already pushing for legislation that will allow highway patrol to use real time gps data to bust you for speeding using your cellphone. One day cellphones will have a real gps receiver and not the AGPS (triangulation system). Your phone camera and mic and already be activated without your knowledge or consent at any time.
Your onstar system can too. They can activate the mic, monitor real time data from your engine computer showing :

vehicle speed
vehicle location
brake pedal (applied or not)
seatbelt on or off
inertia sensors can sense if the vehicle is turning
throttle position
gear position
emissions functions (wait til the global warmers get a hold on that one).
amount of fuel in your tank.

DERM (diagnostic energy reserve module) air bag controller records approx 30 seconds of real time data before near or total deployment of air bags. This info can be downloaded from the OBD 2 connector under your dash for review in court to re-construct
accidents and possible bring about criminal charges.
"No officer, I was only driving 65mph"........."It shows here Mr.Jon Dough , that you were travelling 90 mph at 75% throttle in third gear according to the data I have downloaded from the DERM." (Officer or judge).

Not to mention some day law enforcement will be able to shut down your car remotely.

It goes on and on.

They know who you are, what you do, what you buy, and what you WATCH on tv.

No one respects privacy anymore. It has become an oxymoron these days.

Your great grandchildren will laugh at the concept one day.

it's truely amazing at how much technology has eluded the general public. All the RF ID tags that are in your clothing, shoes, and electronics. I had a cellphone that could set off the security RF ID units at walmart. Ok sure, the RF field from the phone right....No I could remove the battery and it will still set it off.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)