Is it finally safe to Upgrade to the H3 / Joey 2 from VIP722K's?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I downloaded almost a dozen VODs and have had no trouble with them on U336. I've read the HDCP problems but it appears to be limited to brand new LG models. That seemed to be a common theme with those reporting this problem.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Can you do it if you have (2) Hopper 3's bridged together in the same room?

When you do have (2) Hopper 3's Bridged together, can you see ALL the Recordings and Timers from BOTH H3's in the same LIsts and Folders, or are the kept separate?

Yes you can see all recordings but not timers. I have two H3's, one in the living room, the other in the family room both connected through the local LAN using the Ethernet ports on each.

With a Single Hopper 3, can you -

1. set a recording that you join In Progress (like a football game by example)
2. Then Pause that Recording,
3. Tune to another Channel and Watch TV,
4. and then Return to Original Recording which is still Paused where you left it?

What Dish receiver currently does that?

Yes you can see all recordings but not timers. I have two H3's, one in the living room, the other in the family room both connected through the local LAN using the Ethernet ports on each.

Are you saying you can see all the Recording from both H3's on either/both H3's in one combined List/Folder as if they were all local to that machine (but not the Timers)?

With a Single Hopper 3, can you -

3. Tune to another Channel and Watch TV,
4. and then Return to Original Recording which is still Paused where you left it?

Or, does that require another Hopper 3 or Joey in the same room?

What Dish receiver currently does that?

All Hoppers, PIP swap! When you PIP swap back the recording resumes play where you paused. If you tune a new channel instead of using PIP swap, it doesn't work. The PIP window is not necessary, that works, too. PIP swap on the 52 remote is the input button on the side.

(It works while recording is in progress. I have never tested resumption after the recording ends or the one hour buffer has expired.)

All Hoppers, PIP swap! When you PIP swap back the recording resumes play where you paused. If you tune a new channel instead of using PIP swap, it doesn't work. The PIP window is not necessary, that works, too. PIP swap on the 52 remote is the input button on the side.

(It works while recording is in progress. I have never tested resumption after the recording ends or the one hour buffer has expired.)

So, are you saying with a Single Hopper 3, can you -

3. Then SWAP TUNERS and Tune to ANY Channel and Watch TV,
4. and then SWAP TUNERS back to the Original Recording which is still Paused where you left it?

Is that right?

4. and then SWAP TUNERS back to the Original Recording which is still Paused where you left it?

Is that right?
Only using PIP.

I know what you are referring too.
The Genie has that feature.
You can swap 2 live tuners at anytime.
I Think it was called Double Play?
Or Trick play?

You just hit the arrow down button twice, and you can pause and rewind on any 2 programs at once.

Similarly to PIP on the Hopper.
Not exactly the same though.

Only using PIP.

I know what you are referring too.
The Genie has that feature.
You can swap 2 live tuners at anytime.
I Think it was called Double Play?

So, it works just like the VIP722K when using PIP & Swap, right?

The H3 also has MultiView which allows you to watch and/or buffer 4 different things.

The H3 also has MultiView which allows you to watch and/or buffer 4 different things.

Can you give an example of how it buffers 4 different things?

Does it allow you to PAUSE 4 different things for up to an hour each and switch between them at will (like 4 different News or Sports Programs)?

Can you give an example of how it buffers 4 different things?

Does it allow you to PAUSE 4 different things for up to an hour each and switch between them at will (like 4 different News or Sports Programs)?

Yes. It is so cool having 4 things at once on screen.

If you go full screen on any of the quads the buffers are kept but usually the position where you left off is not retained or is inaccurate.

Is that right?

Yes, using the input button, on the side of the 52 remote.
I used it all weekend watching football.
Not sure if it has to be recording or not. Now a 722 swap on a recording, it would not hold the paused location, I messed it up a few times watching racing.

I use to pause and swap my 722k all the time, this works as well.

Yes, using the input button, on the side of the 52 remote.
I used it all weekend watching football.
Not sure if it has to be recording or not. Now a 722 swap on a recording, it would not hold the paused location, I messed it up a few times watching racing.

I use to pause and swap my 722k all the time, this works as well.

I tested this with my VIP722K and it only works if you keep the Paused Tuner and the other Tuner in PIP Mode.

Once you go Full Screen with the "other" Tuner, the Paused Tuner is released from Pause.

Using the Hopper 3, can you Pause a Recording in Progress on the First Tuner, select a Second Tuner, go Full Screen on that Second Tuner and Watch TV, and then return to the Paused Recording on the First Tuner?

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

I tested this with my VIP722K and it only works if you keep the Paused Tuner and the other Tuner in PIP Mode.

Once you go Full Screen with the "other" Tuner, the Paused Tuner is released from Pause.

Using the Hopper 3, can you Pause a Recording in Progress on the First Tuner, select a Second Tuner, go Full Screen on that Second Tuner and Watch TV, and then return to the Paused Recording on the First Tuner?

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

correct, it would unpause if recording on the 722k. it remains paused on the H3. was using it this way to watch weekend football.
i use this often,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts