Is it finally safe to Upgrade to the H3 / Joey 2 from VIP722K's?

I had the OTA on my 722k to add 2 more tuners to record with.
With boatloads of tuners in the H3, hasn't been a huge thought for me, so when available is fine with me.

I have my market locals on dish, also

Do the recordings from both of your H3s really appear in one single combined list (which seems to be what he is asking), or do you have to go into the "Sources" tile in the DVR list and switch back and forth between the lists of the two Hoppers? I always figured it would be the latter if you had two H3s.

Do the RECORDINGS on EHD's connected to a Hopper 3 only appear separately in SOURCES?

Would it be the same for RECORDINGS to a EHD connected to a second Hopper 3?

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!
Not 100% sure what you're asking but an EHD will only show on the Hopper it's connected to.

So your 2 Hopper 3s are on the same account?
The reason I'm asking is my Tech said I could have 2 Hopper 3s if I wanted as well.

But he didn't specify that I would need 2 Accounts.

Dish also said I can't have 2 accounts at the same physical address.
That can be rectified easily enough, But Dirt claims no way on the 2 Hopper 3s.

What can you do to clarify the situation?

Not 100% sure what you're asking but an EHD will only show on the Hopper it's connected to.

Just asking if EHD Recordings appear separately from the Internal HDD Recordings on a Hopper 3 and are selected from Sources, where you will also find Recordings from a second Hopper 3.

Would the EHD Recordings on the Second Hopper 3 appear on the First Hopper 3 (and any Joeys) through the Sources Feature?

So your 2 Hopper 3s are on the same account?
The reason I'm asking is my Tech said I could have 2 Hopper 3s if I wanted as well.

But he didn't specify that I would need 2 Accounts.

Dish also said I can't have 2 accounts at the same physical address.
That can be rectified easily enough, But Dirt claims no way on the 2 Hopper 3s.

What can you do to clarify the situation?

Nothing. Have your Tech set up your installation.

Is a Subscriber allowed to have (2) Hopper 3's under the current rules.
Depends on who you ask. People here have (2) Hopper 3 units but the Dish reps here say it can't be done. When I had my H3 installed a couple of months ago, the technician was coming from a job .... with (2) Hopper 3 units.

If you mean the lack of availability of the Hopper OTA Adapter, its been reported that the new OT adapter will be available on Jan 24th.
But the tuners on the 722k you can add new channels with out a full scan and no way to do that Hopper tuners.

1. Does Dish Anywhere give you access to most of the Hoppers 3 Features?

2. Does Dish Anywhere give you separate access to each Hopper 3 and Joey in your home and allow you to Select one of the 16 Tuners?

3. Would an (old) SlingPlayer HD work and control the basic functions of a Hopper 3 (connected to the Component Video Outputs) just as it did with a VIP722K?

1) Not really. You can watch live TV, use the program guide (to select channels, set recordings, etc), and access recordings.
2) No access to Joeys (why would it ?). I only have (1) Hopper so I don't know about accessing multiple but I suspect it can. It does use up one of the tuners.

I have 2 hopper with sling receivers and dish anywhere allows you to select which hopper you are connected to. The only thing that I don't like is that you can't access any of the attached hard drives.

I also have a regular sling box attached to my living room hopper with sling and it allows you to do everything that you can do with a remote.

I have 2 hopper with sling receivers and dish anywhere allows you to select which hopper you are connected to. The only thing that I don't like is that you can't access any of the attached hard drives.

I also have a regular sling box attached to my living room hopper with sling and it allows you to do everything that you can do with a remote.

Thanks, good to know.

In scouring many of the other threads here, I see that involuntary rebooting (not intentional manual rebooting) seems to be a prevalent theme on both the Hopper 3 and using the Joey 2 is seemingly caused by a variety of common User Behaviors.

I also note that rebooting is the recurring theme to fix a variety of ailments.
I keep reading about Hopper 3 / Joey Subscribers having Random Reboots and other undesirable behavior before and after Software Updates.

My VIP722K's are not nearly as fully featured as the Hopper 3's, but they are not a troubleshooting technical minefield either.

Any further advise on staying the VIP722K or Upgrading to the Hopper 3 / Joey?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)