Is PRESS TV GONE ON 97w??? Can someone please check because I dont get it anymore..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm not very confident of the source :D but that's a disappointment if true. Many have Internet access, few have a dish pointed at 97W, so it would also seem pretty ineffective and at the same time silly.

I'm not very confident of the source :D but that's a disappointment if true. Many have Internet access, few have a dish pointed at 97W, so it would also seem pretty ineffective and at the same time silly.

Completely agree, I would add that this would seem to "illuminate" an otherwise little known broadcast/channel.

I don't like the smell of this. I watch the international news channels on my FTA system, more than the US "news" type channels, provided on DBS and cable. Censorship is not cool.

I don't like the smell of this. I watch the international news channels on my FTA system, more than the US "news" type channels, provided on DBS and cable. Censorship is not cool.

Censorship is not cool, neither is state controlled media, such as is found in Iran.

Iran is one of the worst perpetrators of censorship in the world. No big loss in my opinion.

It's just a waiting game, now, to watch the status of their other channels. $.02 says there's a good chance [the rest of this sentence is no longer available].

Censorship is not cool, neither is state controlled media, such as is found in Iran.

Or as is found in the United States, apparently.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press;

It's nice to see our government continuing to respect the First Amendment of its Constitution...

The most ironic thing about the statement our government put out for its reason behind banning Press TV?

David S. Cohen, the Treasury undersecretary for terrorism and financial intelligence, who oversees the sanctions effort, said the actions were meant to “intensify the economic pressure against the Iranian regime.”
He said, “We will also target those in Iran who are responsible for human rights abuses, especially those who deny the Iranian people their basic freedoms of expression, assembly and speech.”

WR3iGlV.jpg

Last edited:
Censorship is complicated in Iran, same as elsewhere. All the Harry Potter books sailed through, their debut in the wee hours corresponded with the custom worldwide -- the release of a new installment was treated as an event. They were later condemned, but they did come in legitimately.

A few years back I bought a DVD directly from the filmmaker in Tehran, it's title, The Jews of Iran. It's an honest portrait of the difficulties of being Jewish in Iran. The Jewish community there numbers 25,000, more or less, depending on whose estimate. Anyway, the filmmaker had no trouble making his documentary, he just couldn't show it in his country. But he could sell it online. Go figure. Being in the US means my payment went through the Netherlands. I dutifully called my government to make sure I was permitted to buy this DVD from Iran, and was told, no problem. Maybe I should have gotten that in writing, haha.

We have had odd censorship rules here too. When I was growing up, Rob and Laura Petrie slept in separate beds on TV. What was that all about? They were married. Since babies came from storks anyway, what would it matter?

Censorship is bizarre. Always.

Or as is found in the United States, apparently.

It's nice to see our government continuing to respect the First Amendment of its Constitution...

The most ironic thing about the statement our government put out for its reason behind banning Press TV?

WR3iGlV.jpg

As I understand it nobody has tramped on anyone's freedom of the press, which by the way is only guaranteed in the U.S., not elsewhere in the world.

That organization still publishes and broadcasts online and elsewhere.

Broadcasting on a satellite is a different matter, those satellites are privately owned, PressTV does not have a right to use them.

I would hardly call state controlled media "press", more like a propaganda machine, kinda like MSNBC.

Bottom line, they don't have a right to broadcast on a privately owned satellite. You can still view PressTV online in the U.S., so by definition it has not been censored.

hags said:
As I understand it nobody has tramped on anyone's freedom of the press, which by the way is only guaranteed in the U.S., not elsewhere in the world.

That organization still publishes and broadcasts online and elsewhere.

Broadcasting on a satellite is a different matter, those satellites are privately owned, PressTV does not have a right to use them.

I would hardly call state controlled media "press", more like a propaganda machine, kinda like MSNBC.

Bottom line, they don't have a right to broadcast on a privately owned satellite....
Maybe they'll get on another satellite. True on the propaganda machine ....FOX is another example of that. They pretty much all are anymore. Hard to find an organization that reports un-biased news. That's why I watch from as many sources as possible, & draw my own conclusions. Losing Press TV just made it one less source.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)