Is PRESS TV GONE ON 97w??? Can someone please check because I dont get it anymore..

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ahh, got it Kuwait TV.

Rescanned Galaxy 19 and found PressTV

Outstanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Press TV did a documentary on the decline of Detroit thought it wasn't that bad but i don't watch that channel that much.

Dan Rose

Perhaps it was an issue with Globecast World TV where PT was at, or was it the embargo of fear of it by Globecast? The transponder they're now on (12028) is leased by someone else (STN).

I found it interesting, even somewhat humerus, when JN1 (Jewish News One) was added to the same transponder as PT, but hey it's good to have a variety of viewpoints, one of the great things this hobby brings us.

I for one am glad it's banned/gone I dislike press tv a lot.

I believe that an uplinker is either oblivious to the ban or willing to make a statement for the cause. Hard to believe the latter would be the reason as there are quite likely to be some serious repercussions. Most likely a salesman saw a commission and booked a contract without knowledge of the ban.

The station is being uplinked from a US based facility, so I assume that it will be just a matter of time before action is taken for removal.

I think I am right when I say that Galaxy 97 is owned by a company in Luxembourg. Could the signal be uplinked in Europe and beamed to North America? (legally, I mean)

Galaxy 19 is owned by Intelsat. There isn't a damn thing the U.S. government could do to enforce it if Intelsat wanted to go rogue and broadcast whatever signals it wanted to from its satellites into the United States.

Unfortunately, that will never happen, because as a multinational corporation a large amount of Intelsat's operations are actually in the United States. They would have to forego all ties with the Americans, and that just isn't practical from a business standpoint.

I did a fresh scan today and Press is back

12028 H 21991

Also, New channels
RUDAW TV 11874/H/22000
WBN 11960/V/22000

iFilm English (Dubbing) Iranian movies dubbed to Engligh

11961 V 21999

V1402 A1403 P1402 SD

:)

Galaxy 19 is owned by Intelsat. There isn't a damn thing the U.S. government could do to enforce it if Intelsat wanted to go rogue and broadcast whatever signals it wanted to from its satellites into the United States.

Unfortunately, that will never happen, because as a multinational corporation a large amount of Intelsat's operations are actually in the United States. They would have to forego all ties with the Americans, and that just isn't practical from a business standpoint.

Intelsat wouldn't ruffle the US Govt feathers because they wouldn't be able to conduct business in the U.S. if they didn't go along with the Iranian sanctions. All applications for new satellites, replacement satellites, satellite moves, new uplink license requests and license renewals would all be rubber-stamped DENIED!

Too bad FCC regulatory issues will keep Intelsat from having Press TV on their capacity if a foreign-based uplinker would want to transmit it to a Intelsat satellite.

I just deleted my own original post saying nobody can ban FTA. Not the first time I've been wrong. I never thought in the 21st century that any country would bother trying to do this since, technically, it's practically impossible to silence any country if they want to be heard. Why would Press TV simply not get a transponder on satellites controlled by other countries? Failing that, their message can always get out by the Internet. What value is there in attempting to silence Iranian media?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)